Author Topic: It's snowing!!  (Read 3283 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: It's snowing!!
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 09:09:37 »
Got it in East Sussex too......................looks beautiful!
Daughter got the day off school cos she is on crutches and we didn't fancy her slipping and injuring herself further! :o
Hubby off today, so we can sit back and enjoy it with no where to go. ;D
(But the weather forecast did say it would be a fine sunny day and no snow, last night, so I shot out of bed ready to finish my pond, not today then! :'( :'( )
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

flower

• Half Acre
  • loves music almost as much as plants
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 09:30:16 »
Its our third day of snow here in county Durham and its still falling as i type its like winter wonderland  ;D
i am an angel really honest  wink wink

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 10:27:21 »
Snow in Derby too! ;D ;D

Much to the delight of kids walking to school, and me!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 14:02:53 »
We are having snow, sleet and rain, not a nice day really.  Sun is shining at the moment but got dark clouds coming in.   Yuk.    ;) ;)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 14:12:09 »
snows mostly gone now but there forcasting more over next couple of days...

I have taken a walk to the shops and picked up food stuff for winter bags

inc change of blanket, shocks, winter shoes, jumper, water, chockie bars, book, dried soup, coffee and empty flask ( filled before leaving office if weather is really really bad )

will pack them into car for hubbie tonight doctors signed me off till 29th so will not be needing the car for a while.

Have you got your cars ready?

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 14:45:14 »
2 cm here in West London, but it has all melted now. I took some pictures this morning:

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,91/topic,27491.0

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 14:55:00 »
SNOWED here in N London, went to work at 6.00am everything was white and quiet came home 2.15pm snows all gone suns out with cold wind. Kids played in the garden :) this morning two year old's first time for snow OH said she went out in her welly's and sun glasses  8) they will be gutted when they come home . :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D ;D .
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 14:55:49 »
Cambourne, I like your idea of a winter bag. :)  I wish we had weather to need it! :(  

When I lived in Grimsby an elderly neighbour helped me out when stuck in the car on some snow/ice, with a hessian sack which was just enough put under the wheels to help get a grip on hard packed snow.  So I would say to anyone to pop a piece of hessian in their car as it makes the world of difference in getting a grip if you are stuck with the wheels just spinning round.

Hope you are beginning to feel a little better, you certainly have had a nasty bug.  Take care.   T.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 15:13:23 »
it never bloomin snows in bournemouth  :(

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 15:26:00 »
Sarah, my avatar was taken this morning, I rushed out quickly, the snow is all gone now. :(  But we very rarely have it as I am in Hampshire, and if we do is is gone too quickly, it's not fair!!!!  I know just how you feel!

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 15:45:59 »
Look at the lovely summers 8) you have Sarah,  the first summer 8) pictures in the newspapers are always of a Bornemouth belle sunning herself on the beach 8). I always get a sneaky weekend in Bournemouth with the lads in may. So who needs the snow. ;D ;D ;D ;D

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 16:40:22 »
Where are you in Hampshire Tulippa? We're north, just south of M4. Several inches on the car this morning and when I got to uni....several snowmen! (Clearly those coming back late last night!) CLx

Humble Bumble

• Not So New ...
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 16:51:23 »
I have watch the snow melt from my cosy office, would of prefered to be outside.  So much to do to get ready for the season.

There are some rather dark clouds building up over Portsdown Hill now but I doubt they will drop any snow now.

I think that was all of our winter down here!

H B
Humble Bumble

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2007, 16:59:42 »
Nothing here on the south island. It is very rare to get snow. Years ago I gave my son a sledge for xmas he was 3 at the time. He never had a chance to use it until he was 10.

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2007, 17:26:21 »
Woke up to a bit this morning, me and the daughter (2 and half) had great fun making a mini snowman before 9am!!
All gone now :(
Cant believe the amount of kids going to school with no coats on...I think I must be getting old, or was mothered a bit too much when I was younger..never allowed out in snow without a coat and scarf

Regards

Matt

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 19:17:50 »
Dusting of snow and the schools are closing down already, my think I am getting cynical in my old age.
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2007, 21:42:50 »
We had a good dusting in the wee hours so the kids could have a mini snowball fight during the walk to school.  I went tree planting in the woods with my boss, and the snow was all gone by 12.  The children are hoping for more tonight.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2007, 21:51:59 »
We woke up to less than an inch this morning  :'( not enough to keep me off work!

Weather forecast gave ''heavy snow showers'' for us all day today, and guess what?  I haven't seen one flake all day!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 00:10:28 »
All the snow in Notts gone....now safe to put me shorts back on 8), and me numbers did not make an appearance so back to work 2moz :(

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 17:01:25 »
Kitten sorry to hear you woke up to less than an inch yesterday. :-[ :-[ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal