Author Topic: MSN help please!  (Read 1436 times)

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
MSN help please!
« on: January 21, 2007, 22:49:56 »
Does anyone else have problems with MSN and/or Windows Messenger signing in and out?  I don't use either but my daughters do both on the PC and on a wireless laptop.  Both are complaining that it signs them out every few minutes without warning.  I've seached the internet and it seems to be a problem with a lot of people but I've yet to find a cure!  I've deleted all cookies and temp files this evening to see if it makes a difference but I have a feeling it can't be that easy?  Daughter on laptop has downgraded from latest version (7?) because someone said that helps - it hasn't.  Is it some setting to do with the browser as it seems a coincidence that both machines are having problems? Any ideas anyone?  Thanks 
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: MSN help please!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 23:15:12 »
MSN (in my opinion) is past it's sell by date. Messenger and hotmail are so antiquated and so slow. There are better options out there. ( I'm a google convert...it's got the lot.) I've ditched lots of rubbish progs and gone google side....amazing difference it's made.

AndyT

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 18:41:33 »
Are the PC and laptop both using the wireless connection?
If so, it could be a problem with your wireless connection. If the wireless connection drops out you'll get signed out of Messenger. It'll try to reconnect for a while (not sure how long it keeps trying for, a minute or so possibly) but then give up if it still can't find a connection. If the wireless connection then comes back up I don't think it'll then sign in automatically and you need to sign back in manually. That's my theory anyway.

MonsterMum

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 18:47:30 »
It's probably the version of Messenger they are using.  We had a problem a while ago with the newest one (it signed us out and wouldn't let us back in) so we had to uninstall it and reinstall an older version  :-\

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 18:58:33 »
Thanks - PC is not wireless but laptop is. 
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 22:46:42 »
Amanda,
Look back a bit, there's a solution there!
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal