Author Topic: potato sale!  (Read 3136 times)

kingkano

• Quarter Acre
potato sale!
« on: April 28, 2004, 08:03:03 »
Typical, I dont have any room left on my lottie (hmmm but just maybe.... hehe), but if anyone does and fancies some more pots, t&m are selling theirs off lucky dip.  3 x 20 tubers for 99p plus your 4.95 post.  Can have maximum of 2 lots.  Its very tempting at that price to just find room (hey its only a few rows isnt it lol) for some late plantings :)

Sorry, this isnt an ad ::) just thought others might appreciate the info.... hope thats ok :)

ken

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
Re:potato sale!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 09:13:08 »
If you'd gone to a Potato Day, you could have had your choice of around 100 varieties for £6.60 for 60 tubers in your own quantities - that is an ad for next year (if you're in Hamshire 29 - 30 Jan 10 - 3pm or near Coventry 5 - 6 Feb!!!)

kingkano

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 10:16:16 »
If you'd gone to a Potato Day, you could have had your choice of around 100 varieties for £6.60 for 60 tubers in your own quantities - that is an ad for next year (if you're in Hamshire 29 - 30 Jan 10 - 3pm or near Coventry 5 - 6 Feb!!!)

would be nice!! :)  sadly quite a journey for me for some potatoes!  ;)

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 12:07:55 »
Your profile says you're in Bromley - There has been one for the last 2 years at Dulwich, see www.hhdra.org.uk/potato.htm#days for details of this year's event!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 12:35:24 »
Went to our local nursery this morning to get some canes and derris, and saw they are selling their seed spuds off cheap.  Had to close my eyes and not look, I have no room left at all!

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 14:49:18 »
EJ,

Are you gonig to spank the fleas beetles bottoms with the canes, before or after applying the derris?

I remember many years ago seeing a Micheal Bentine sketch in which, as a mad scientist, he had invented a bug killer which was completely harmless to all creatures except those to which it was applied.

He produced some white powder which he sprinkled liberally on the "applicator" (a very large wooden mallet), he then violently "applied" the bug killer to the bug, claiming that the effect of this action was to "stun" the bug whilst the powder had time to take effect and kill the bug  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 16:36:27 »
 ;D That's it Phil, gunna whip their buts, then sprinkly liberally with the powder!  ;D

kingkano

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 19:40:16 »
Your profile says you're in Bromley - There has been one for the last 2 years at Dulwich, see www.hhdra.org.uk/potato.htm#days for details of this year's event!!

I humbly bow before your knowledge base.  I never had a clue (but then I never knew the pots from these were so cheap either).  Hopefully I remember to go next year :)

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 10:00:36 »
Don't worry - if I'm still around - I'll be mentioning Potato Days again nearer the time!!!! ;)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2004, 10:48:13 »
Good God - I've only just noticed the faces on your potatoes, Phil!!

Eagle Eyes, they call me. = Tim

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 10:54:39 »
Hence it's name - Smillie, it's due for introduction this year

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 11:44:18 »
Introduced - by you??

I was confused - looked like 'smlle' to me??

And how you could disfigure such super pots .....!  = Tim
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 11:45:39 by tim »

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 12:51:44 »
It will be introduced by either Higgins or Caithness Potatoes.

The label on the picture is Smile - that was part of the advertising material for the last Hampshire Potato Day.

No potatoes were hurt in the production of the picture, they look like that, there was an earlier variety that looked similar called Coco (after the clown's smiling face)

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2004, 12:58:04 »
I GET it - it's a LONG dot!! And I'm glad there was no cruelty involved! And they come ready varnished? = Tim

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2004, 13:06:15 »
That was just a light spraying of water to refresh the colours - I must re-emphasise No potatoes were hurt in the production of the picture and my lawyers will take on anyone who says otherwise.

PS they are now growing on my allotment

PPS hair lacquer (not varnish) is effective in preventing potatoes greening and so is used at exhibitions where the tubers will be displayed for some time

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal