Author Topic: greenhouse woe  (Read 4964 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: greenhouse woe
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 12:15:02 »
Thats exactly what happened to my grenhouse. Got a phonecall that it was last seen making it's way to the allotment gates. LOL. Can laugh about it now but at the time it was very distressing.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 18:58:18 »
I have a theory about using polyglass or other lightweight 'glass'. There is an enormous weight of 'proper' glass in a greenhouse, which must surely have some bearing on the structure staying put in high winds. I get a mental picture of a complete poly-glazed greenhouse sailing by at low altitude.
It's only a theory though.

Geoff.

I think the only reason my home greenhouse only strayed a few feet was its weight; it was amazingly heavy, we had to remove half the glazing to be able to lift it back into position (and we are sturdy peeps).  :-\

It is in a sheltered position too, had it been less heavy I am sure it would have sailed away.... I think what happened was the wind got under one of the windows and ripped off the automatic opener on one edge, go it could gust in and lift it; windows now secure again! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 17:20:26 »
 I get a mental picture of a complete poly-glazed greenhouse sailing by at low altitude.
It's only a theory though.

Its not! Mums mad it over fence and missed neighbour to end up in next lot of gardens, Did we laugh or what! :D

Sent her a text the next day saying I had just been overtaken on the M25 by a greenhouse doing about 80 with a tom plant hanging on for fear life :-X :-X :-X

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal