Author Topic: BOARD STUIPD  (Read 3871 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: BOARD STUIPD
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 13:31:32 »
sounds like Ray's mum, but she's doing bonnets for new born and premature babies for the local maternity unit
don't know if it's an idea ?  puzzle books?, you can pick them up and put them down as and when you feel like it, jigsaws, these are some of her hobbies, she has heart failure and has to stay still for long periods..hope this helps  :D

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 14:22:46 »
Lovely idea manics, thanks. Might even have thought of it myself if the brain cell wasn't numbed by painkillers!  ???   My No. 1 grandson was 11 weeks prem, weighed only 3lb 1oz and finding clothes to fit was a nightmare. Finished up knitting/crocheting stuff from dolls' patterns!!! (Still have first little hat - looks like an egg cosy!!!) I'm sure the prem baby unit would welcome the stuff - as will the mums when they take their tiny ones home. Digging out the pastel colours right away.  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 14:38:04 »
glad i gave you an idea, also dragged in ray's auntie, she knits and was having a moan, nothing wrong with her but she's bored, so the hospital's getting loads of bonnets and cardis now  :) by the way, hope you're both feeling better soon, will be thinking about you  :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 14:40:36 by manicscousers »

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 17:32:16 »
Thanks guys, acheived a big step today - able to breath through both nostrels!!

Hi Grandma,

Oh, i would rather have a chest infection than that - OUCH!!

I would call the unit before you start kitting as some places can be a little funny about accepting these kind of things.

I have also see prem babies with a knitted hand ( with some weight to it ) so that they feel that there being touched.

But they can certainly advise you whats needed :-)

I wish i had kept up my knitting and croching but not done it in years!

How much longer before your back on your feet

Cambourne7

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 09:37:49 »
Thanks for the advice - will phone before making anything. How are ya today? Hope you're still making progress. Take care. xxx

Garjan

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 09:52:25 »
You could make seed tapes to use this season.
But only if you don't cough too much when there are tiny seeds around. ;)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 19:12:24 »
Hi

Thanks for caring. No were near 70% so going back to doctor tomorrow!

Yesterday i though i was feeling better even managed to sneek back into the office for 4 hours. But ended up having a couple of fits of couging and there was some blood  :-\ so i guess the infection is still there and the drugs have not cleared it or i have now got another infection in my syninuses!

Keep going to do things and brain freezes or i get side tracked so not really getting much done am however devoping something for Spotacus gosh hes handsome!

Cambourne7

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2007, 09:32:02 »
Oh, you poor thing! What a disappointment for you. It really sounded as if you were on the mend. Maybe a different antibiotic will help? Take care, keep smiling and keep us posted.  :-*

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2007, 11:44:35 »
just come back from doc with new drugs!!

he said if i am still not well he will sign me off on monday

went to sleep last night at 5am so i am going to head to bed for a bit.

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2007, 12:10:42 »
Hi Cam,
I have been layed up with Tonsillitis since Tues/Wed and I'm truly grateful that:
A, I put in a wireless home network at Christmas
B, I bought a wireless laptop before Christmas
C, I splashed out on Sky multiroom for the bedroom - I can watch what I feel like (not a lot) and OH and daughter can watch what they want downstairs...IE out of my way :) :)
Sad I had to miss my Grandmothers funeral yesterday though :( Still with the wind the ferries to Isle of Wight were cancelled anyway.

Hope the new drugs work, If your still going to Ryton spud day, Ill be the one looking a few stone lighter, and a bit ill still :)

Regards

Matt

vee

• Acre
  • Ashton-under-Lyne, near Manchester
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 14:30:48 »
Hope you feel better soon.
I have asthma as well and any cold goes straight on my chest so I really sympathise with you. Sleeping as much as possible always works best for me, but that's difficult when you can't breathe.
 I find putting very hot water in the sink with some Olbas oil and then putting your head over it with a towel over the top to enclose your head works really well. The steam helps you to breathe better.
Take care.

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2007, 14:59:23 »
we used to have a burner, my eldest son's asthmatic, can't quite remember what we put in it, now we use peppermint or eucalyptus oil, also, Karvol capsules, squished on the pillow case, hope you get well soon  :)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 14:48:11 »
signed off for another week  >:(

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 14:57:01 »
Sorry to hear it cambourne, but you wouldn't be signed off unless there was a very good reason <waggy finger smiley>. Now for the board stupid bit ... any better than last week where you are? Good breeze should be drying the ground - maybe you'll be able to include some fresh air on the plot in the programme later in the week?

:-*

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 15:04:00 »
yes i am hoping that i can sneek up to the plot this week for an hour i would like to try and asses the damage for myself and pack up some of my stuff so its no blown away.

I am quite lucky that none of my projects have started to gear up ( not allowed to have holiday or be ill between march and october ) so if i was going to be ill this was the best time for me to be off boss just wants me back well as i had a history or comming back 2 early and having to be off again after a week or so.

I have also decided to clean out the wardrobes ( did the hot press last week ) getting rid of clothes that dont fit or are a little worse for wear.. if i feel up to it i might even clean under the bed!!

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 16:48:44 »
on 4th lot of drugs, feeling better and back to work tomorrow  ;D

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 21:12:11 »
Good luck Cambourne, take it easy ::) Well done for your bargain! ;D ;D ;D

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 21:28:27 »
Hey cambourne, glad you're feeling better, but make sure you don't do too much on your first few days back okay?! ::)

Just take it nice and easy, and have plenty of tea breaks!  The sooner you're back to normal the sooner you can get back down the lottie! Good luck tomorrow x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 22:17:14 »
Yeah, good luck and please take things easy. You've had a really rough time. All the best, Lish x

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2007, 00:32:40 »
thanks guys i am off 2 bed now

plesent dreams ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal