Author Topic: 24-25th April - what did you do?  (Read 2012 times)

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
24-25th April - what did you do?
« on: April 26, 2004, 15:10:14 »
Being nosey, what did you get up to at the weekend in the garden/allotment/balcony....

I transplanted some flowers down the plot. I admired my new shed......
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:24-25th April - what did you do?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 22:53:15 »
Saturday we had a lie-in, well until about 7am when the kids decided it was time to get up. Had brekky then hit the plot.  Did some planting, weeding, sowing, tidying and some serious digging on the new plot.  Nearly there, nearly cleared - thank god!  Saturday afternoon we were hoping to get our shed up, but Ava put his back out whilst cleaning his motorbike :'( so I spent the afternoon with him and the kids, pottering around, out in the garden enjoying the weather.

Sunday, much of the same really - got loads of digging done, and some more planting and planning.  Then the afternoon spent in the greenhouse and the garden with the kids and aching Ava.

Wasn't the weather just wonderful.  At one point I stopped to have a drink and I coulda been on a tropical island in the sun!   8)

Les_Woof

• Acre
  • Ger orf ma land!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 11:37:56 »
 8) on and out to The National Watersports centre at Holme Pierrepont nr Nottingham for a bike ride.

Me n Soph and the girls (in their new pull-along trailer thingy) they loved it and so did we, great weather, there was even a Regatta on the big laggon with lots of rowing races on.

In the afternoon we pottered around the lottieplottie (as we have converted it to half garden and half allotment).

Sunday the folks came down from Cumbria to see their grandchildren so again spent the whole day outside chatting/chilling/bar-b-q-ing..... then a weel earned rest for Soph n myself after all had gone.

But a fantastic weekend it felt like a long weekend it went so slow cant wait for the next one...only hope the weather is as good so we can do it all again........

Les n Soph

8) :D 8) :D
All the hard work is finally starting to pay off.....

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 12:49:49 »
I erected my formidable bean canes and strung the first 2 foot. I also extended the roof of my shedette so i can huddle from the rain without stooping like a hunchback (also collects more water for the butt (not my bottom thanks). Limed my brassicas and filled in a hole in the fence with old fencing rocks sticks etc.
Also got sunburnt and drank a load of booze !!
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 17:09:54 »
i went to the beach and swam in the indian ocean  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 18:21:17 »
Welcome home Legless!  So where did you actually go?  And how did your seeds do in your absence?  I cannot believe nearly a month has passed since you fled for warmer more tropical climes!  ;D

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 18:32:35 »
thanks! glad to be back, haven't slept for 36 hours though so don't know how much sense i'll make! gutted to have missed the good gardening weather this weekend actually!

flew to south africa (durban), had a few days on the coast there, went up to the greater st lucia wetland park which was beautiful - it has the most southerly coral reefs and lots of rhino and hippos and stuff. then we went to swaziland which was amazing, went white water rafting on a crocodile river which was scary! then to kruger national park where we did 5 days at a very swanky safari ( got charged by a few elephants which was very scary and loud), then the zulu battlefields where a man walked us all around the main sites and told it like a story - you could almost see the 20,000 zulus stream over the hill and then back to durban for our friends' wedding on the beach then eventually back home today! lots more in between but its all a bit blurry at the moment!

seed wise, i haven't been down the allotment yet (its chucking it down) but the tomatoes and chillies i left on capillary matting in the kitchen are thriving - 42 chilli plants, how ridiculous is that? and the sweet peas and chives did fine outside in my back yard.

i've got a week off to catch up with the allotment so i shall be out there tomorrow morning rain or shine, fixing the fruit cage, staking broad beans and fixing bean and pea supports, erecting my plastic greenhouse and who knows what else?

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 18:47:00 »
Welcome back legless! Sounds like you had a great time, glad you survived the elephants and the white water rafting....you are a braver girl than I! :o Hope your lottie is looking well when you get to it ;D DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Les_Woof

• Acre
  • Ger orf ma land!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 08:33:32 »
Welcome back legless 8)

Enjoy the good old weather of the UK....... nothing like what you have been used to recently (especially at the moment - its p ing it down here, just great for my weeds)

Take care

les
All the hard work is finally starting to pay off.....

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 18:04:12 »
Glad you've had a great time Legless.Pleased to see you're back.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal