Author Topic: Dicentra (bleeding heart) - division (or multiplication!)  (Read 6615 times)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
Re: Dicentra (bleeding heart) - division (or multiplication!)
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 10:40:51 »
The garden as I inherited it was (and still is, in part) a festival of prickles and poisons (yew, alchemilla, laburnum, solanum jasminoides, berberis, pyracantha... )
-- I'm all too used to "handling with care"!

Wot? No datura or monkshood?  ;D

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 10:55:53 »
 ;D ... no, Barnowl -- I don't have either of them, though I do love aconite (monkshood).

But that list of mine was still just a starting point... I've realised I can also add foxgloves, delphiniums, lilies, privet, ivy and a few sackfuls of daffs! 

When all's said and done, you can kill yourself in all kinds of interesting ways if you go round eating stuff from gardens   ;)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 13:09:01 »
Ooo, didn't know about the old bleeding heart being bleeding poisonous.  The way my skin reacts to parsnip burns, looks like I will have to be careful when delving into my hearts.  I know have such scaring on my arm, I have white patches where the pigment has all gone.  Wish I didn't like parsnips!

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 15:56:31 »
I don't like roses much either, I prefer to be stuck under either an oak tree, or a carpet of bulbs (bluebells, daffs or snowdrops). Preferably all of the above.

My dicentra was an accident. My Dad dug up part of a red hot poker for me and the dicentra sneaked into the pot. I spotted it when it started growing and shifted it, and then Dad commented that he'd lost his,and we realised what had happened. I bought him another one!

It got split by accident too. I was shifting it from the back to the front, and it broke. I planted both bits and now have two whopping plants instead.

I guess I have the shove it in and it grows variety!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal