Author Topic: A good morning  (Read 992 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
A good morning
« on: January 12, 2007, 17:53:09 »
You know some days, it just all goes to plan, it doesn't happen often, but this morning was my morning. 

Had some clothes that daughter received for Christmas from Next which didn't fit her.  They were a gift, so no receipt.  The lovely lady at the desk gave me a full refund, pre-sale prices which meant I was able to bue daughter a lovely chunky well needed winter coat, and I only had to add £7.00 to it.

Then into Argos.  Have been trying for weeks to purchase their deluxe butchers trolley for the kitchen as it is a good size, and a good price at only (takes a sharp intake of breath) £99.  I have tried to order repeatedly online, but it has been constantly out of stock for this area.  Then this morning, new stock comes in and I bag one.  Delivery Monday afternoon.  At last we will get the kitchen finished.

Next door into TKMax to change a shirt that the old man brought but was a tad to tight for him.  They didn't have the same shirt in the next size up, but they did give me a voucher to use in there next time (valid for 2 years) so he will have that and pop up there at some point to choose a new shirt of his choice.

Then home to see we have had a good run on ebay and earned a couple of quid.  That makes buying the butchers trolley a little less of a worry.

A good mornings work.  ;D

Blue Bird

• Hectare
Re: A good morning
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 19:49:48 »
Hi Emma Jane glad to hear you had good morning - must admit I had great day too.  Middle son was given mini green house by his neighbour as they are moving and did not want to take it.  then OH came home with loads of planks (first time he has taken interest in my lottie)

And I am away to Devon tomorrow so a whole week off work -no phone calls no stress.

Lets hope this is the start to a great year for us  :) :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 20:01:32 »
have a wonderful time, hope the weather gets better for you  :)

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 20:04:28 »
Thanks will really try - had some good tips for where to go off the forum

BB

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 22:34:50 »
Ahhh Devon, my native home.  You are heading south though aren't you BB?  We are Northerners - Bideford, Barnstaple and Appledore.  Have a fab time BB!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 22:37:15 »
We bought youngest a DAB radio alarm at Currys and it had an awful Buzz.. took it back exchanged and £30 refund on card!
 ;D

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 23:53:46 »
 EJ As a ex butcher just had to look at sed trolley, all i can say is hope it's got brakes. Got this picture in my head of your old man chasing it round ya kitchen chopper in hand. :o ::) :-[ ;D ;D

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 01:48:04 »
Now THERE's one for the Gallery!

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal