Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 1594 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Hello again
« on: January 02, 2007, 15:40:08 »
 Well my mom went back to her little bungalow this afternoon. We still have to go twice a day to care for her but at least we will have some time to ourselves. We have managed to get to the new allotment twice last week to do some more muck spreading. Luverly stuff it is. Tony dug a couple of trenches for my sweet peas and runners. They were filled and covered in and topped with a layer of the brown stuff. Today I ordered some chrysanths from woolmans for me and some dahlia's for Tony. Do you know , Its great just to have the time to get on here and read all the messages. We are so glad to be back in the land of the living. Luv ya all.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 16:04:07 »
Good morning is now good evening - hope you had a good day S & your mum is happy in her own home.  It's really over now - back to work today.

Did you buy flowere seeds or plants?  I want to grow more flowers this year & am considering starting them all from seed.  Presume it is like growing veg???

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 16:16:37 »
Welcome back. Glad to hear better news about your Mum. Hope she continues to improve. You will have plenty to keep you busy on the allotments, maybe Mum will be well enough to sit with you a while when the better weather gets here.
Best wishes Lorna.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 16:10:11 »
Well folks I was back for all of four hours and then we had to bring me mom back home cos she just got into so much bother on her own. A lady from social services came to see us this after and she's going to get me 6 weeks respite throughout the year for me mom. I used to work at the home myself  so I know where she will be going. It's coucil run and well up to standard so I won't have to worry about her. It will give me time to recharge my batteries. We got out to Wilkies this morning and got some tatties so I'm gonna put them in the trays this after while Tony's putting a new wardrobe together for mom.( That'll keep him out of mischief for a few hours). Thanks to Lorna and Alishka for your encouragement. It all helps to keep you going when things get tough.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 19:41:33 »
Good for you shirlton, I'm sure a break will be helpful for everyone. Good to see you've been busy down the plot, keep your pecker up :-*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal