Author Topic: Going out  (Read 1486 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Going out
« on: January 06, 2007, 16:57:47 »
Can you beleive it?  The children are safely away at Nannas for the weekend, and my darling and I are going out to our chums 40th birthday party.  This is the first time since the sprogs were born that we have packed them off over night so we can go out galavanting, and it has been over 10 years since we went to a proper doooooo, with music and dancing and 'stuff'.  Haven't even had any weddings in that time.  He has brought a new shirt and trousers, me a new skirt....couldn't find a top I liked, all rather mummsy and I wanted something not mummsy so I can pretend I am not for one night only.  Now makeup....I haven't properly worn makeup for yonks!  Could end up looking like coco the clown....and what about heels?!?!  This skirt requires heels!!  Wondering if I polish up my allotment boots and put spangly laces in, would they look okay?  Nervous...can you tell!  My nails are all broken from the allotment.  AAGGHH.  Right, off for a bath, soak in something that smells like pomegranite apparently, and a face pack that looks like a cow has pooped on my face.  Nice and attractive.  Mind you, the better half is going to pour me a glass of red, so that is a good start to the evening.    ;D ;D ;D

Hope you all have a good evening.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
Re: Going out
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 17:08:44 »
Have a lovely time EJ - your post reminded me of Mr & Mrs Large [All in one Piece] - just check behind you before you go out!  :)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 17:15:38 »
Enjoy, E. J. I love a bit of a do and the whole getting ready bit.   I'm sure you'll look great whatever you wear, and the lottie boots sound just the thing. Have a super evening and really let your hair down.(I bet the children have as good a time as you.)

Smile, it confuses people.

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 17:32:10 »
All I can say is that from your wonderful posting on this site, you deserve every minute.

Indulge and enjoy ...

Derek
The impossible is just a journey away ...

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 17:37:04 »
This is the first time since the sprogs were born that .... we can go out galavanting, and it has been over 10 years since we went to a proper doooooo

Haven't even had any weddings in that time. 

People have obviously watched and learned ......

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 17:37:21 »
can we have photos, especially the boots, have a wonderful time, 10 years is too long, make the next one a bit sooner,  ;D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 17:50:06 »
Emma, have the most wonderful time, you can relax and enjoy knowing the sprogs are in safe hands! :)

Marymary, that is one of my all time favourite books! :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 18:23:01 »
I'll be thinking of you two swinging and swigging while I try to work out what I do with the micro-wave!
Kick your heels, not that anyone will hear it, wellies just sort of go frawddle.

Have a great time, and do it again in 2017!

Yellow Petals

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 18:47:42 »
Oooo la la, madam!  A nice night on the tiles!  Do let us know the outfit you decided on and how the evening went.  Maybe it will encourage you to do it a little bit more  :)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 20:17:10 »
Hope you both have a great time, you have earned it.

P S  hope your Husband knows that flares and tank tops are no longer in fashion
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 22:24:36 »
We had one of these just before christmas - it was rgeat. Stayed in the hotel and got back home the following mid-day. Dont be in too much of a hurry to collect kids......have a good lie-in ;)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 23:32:48 »
Tank tops are no longer in fashion  :o but i do all my galavanting in one.  8)
Have a gud nite out ma duck's

P.S. don't worry if ya find ya self dancing like ya mum n dad , it happens to us all after 10 years.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 13:31:25 »
How was it Emma? I am sure you and Mark had a great time. After being without my computer for a couple of days I had a lot to catch up on so didn't get a chance to wish you a GOOD evening yesterday.
Lorna

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 13:38:33 »
Well it was a great night.  I drank plenty  :P but not to much and yes, I danced like a mum with the birthday girl.  The funny thing was, apart from the children who were there, I was the youngest!  I wore a long brown skirt with splits front and back, cut on the bias slightly so it kinda kicked out, and a white gypsy style top, and yes, I wore heels!  Did lots of catching up with people, laughing, dancing and relaxing.  It was great.  Was awoken spot on 9am this morning by the telephone ringing and daughter number one telling us to get out of bed, and she called us 'lazy monkies'!  ;D  Have spent the morning clearing out the loft and doing several trips to the dump.  Now there is space clear, the old boy is putting the Christmas tree and decs back up there.  Just had fried eggs on toast for lunch, something we don't have normally what with daughters egg allergy, and are now getting ready to go fetch them.  We have been invited to another party, a 50th, next weekend, but I don't think mum will be able to do it again.....but I might just mention it  :P

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 20:25:26 »
Hope you had fun. Not one for dancing and food and stuff, but great to break the mold and go out bowling and paintballing and stuff once in a while.

Tank topss, flares, boots etc made me chuckle as a mate at scuba club wears Cardys and we all take the pee ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal