Author Topic: The rain is never going to stop  (Read 9664 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: The rain is never going to stop
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2007, 21:43:29 »
As new allotment holder I have discovered if you say "I'm going down the lottie tomorrow" then it will rain. If you are busy and can't get down there then it will be a beautiful day

That's exactly right, you have to take it by surprise ;D

So that's where I'm going wrong...

OK, well in that case I won't be able to get down the lottie at all this weekend or next week when I'm forced to use up my annual leave in the middle of January....... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2007, 11:58:56 »
I won't be going to mine for months, now we'll have another drought which is just as bad!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2007, 16:56:33 »
Wet and windy here today,lots and lots of wet rain, story in local paper Enfield Advertiser. "Despite the recent wet weather, the Thames Water ban is still in place across Enfield. But there is hope this week that the recent rain means that the company is considering dropping the ban shortly. However, Thames Water has warned that it has reached the end of its tether with 203 homeowners who have ignored warning letters since the ban was put in place last march."
But I see no warnings for water company's, who's burst pipes don't get fixed for weeks on end wasting thousands of gallons of water. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :-X
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2007, 16:58:25 »
what have they been doing, watering their gardens and washing their cars with a wet suit on ?   ;D ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2007, 17:10:07 »
The mind boggles Scousers. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :-\

macleaf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2007, 18:54:10 »
In sunny Cornwall it is no better,although the flowers are starting to appear,oh dear the winds are so strong,i even saw a rook flying backwards but it is not cold ,but the rain has sent are little stream into a torrant,with the lawns a sodden mess,however Mr mole is not pertubed by all of this his little mountains are getting to be quite a feature on our landscape,however i think ive got the better of him ,i have put a small speaker down his hole and have played the Des O Conner song dinky dom don please to say hes gone next door, ;D ;D ;D
keith

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2007, 18:56:58 »
ray says, which hole are you talking about, and where in Cornwall are you,
Cornwall's our second home, we're going to St Ives and St Austell this year, can't wait ;D

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2007, 15:40:21 »
Well the rain....and the wind has stopped here. Just got to wait for the the ground to dry out. Oops sorry I forgot...I won't be going to my allotment for months!
I've been upgraded to half an acre, I've just noticed! So how many postings do you have to do to move up the grade?

macleaf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2007, 17:42:47 »
yeah M im in between St Ives And St Austell,what one would call Mid Cornwall,central to all it has to offer,we are 9 miles from Truro,as for which hole like the wood pecker said ,i put my finger in a  woodpeckers hole,woodpecker said god bless my soul take it remove it. ;D ;D
keith

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2007, 17:58:34 »
Well yesterday was like the end of the world, today was like the first day of spring the sun was out the sky was blue slight wind was blowing but a nice day. Went to the lottie for an hour planted a blackcurrent bush twig thingy, put the Dalek coats back on after blowing off ( thats the coats not me), cleared up all the rubbish that unbelievably blew down my end of the site and put the carpets back on the manure.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2007, 19:57:06 »
And passing through Tesco's on the way home from school I spotted the papers going on about how winter has finally arrived!

LauraB

• Half Acre
  • West Bromwich
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2007, 20:05:40 »
It really was beautiful today! I managed two hours down there this morning, clearing brambles. Metcheck says tomorrow will be ok too - and I reckon one more day will see the whole plot clear, ready for marking out beds and digging  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2007, 20:51:35 »
and I reckon one more day will see the whole plot clear, ready for marking out beds and digging  by LauraB

yahoo !!  ;D ;D ;D

LauraB

• Half Acre
  • West Bromwich
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2007, 21:00:06 »
And the best bit is, I'll have a 6ft bonfire to keep me warm in the snow next week  ;) ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2007, 22:54:38 »
yeah M im in between St Ives And St Austell,what one would call Mid Cornwall,central to all it has to offer,we are 9 miles from Truro,as for which hole like the wood pecker said ,i put my finger in a  woodpeckers hole,woodpecker said god bless my soul take it remove it. ;D ;D

Whereabouts? I used to live at Foxhole, my mother is at Lower Sticker.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal