Author Topic: Ricks Butter Beans?  (Read 1673 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Ricks Butter Beans?
« on: January 04, 2007, 15:45:05 »
Has anyone seen the recipe he does with hake? It's butter beans, chilli, maybe parsley? It looked lovely, but I had a drink or two for belated New Year and missed exact instructions!

:-[

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: Ricks Butter Beans?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:02:13 »
It's not that no-one's replying Katie, just thinking!

I know a similar sounding way with butter beans, cook the beans gently until just tender, drain.

In a frying pan sizzle a little garlic in olive oil, when it's just browning at the edges, throw in a dusting of chilli powder, add butter beans and enough of the liquid as you like. Add salt and pepper, throw in a good handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, serve warm or cool :)

So I suppose you could put hake juices in with the beans and leave out as much water, and pop the roast hake on top. He might mash his?

When No.1 son was about 12, we were driving along in the car and he asked suddenly 'Is there a fish called sake mum?' I said 'No, hake'. He went quiet and I took a quick look, he was busting a gut with laughter. 'What's up Will'? 'I just invented a game called Make Mum Say a Word'. I've been a lot more careful since but still fall for it  ::) ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:04:50 by supersprout »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal