Author Topic: Scaredy Cat  (Read 1045 times)

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
Scaredy Cat
« on: January 02, 2007, 20:48:58 »
OK... this is going to sound ridiculous, but I have to share it with you all.

It's time to admit my guilty secret..... I've not been down to my plot since the first week in NOVEMBER..... and I feel really terrible!!! :-[ :-[ :-[

I can make all the usual excuses - not feeling well, lots of rain, helping with school play, Xmas shopping (mine & all my in-laws as they've all had an imagination by-pass  ;D), kids and OH at home, blah, blah, blah....

So now, ridiculously, I'm almost scared to go and see how bad it is. I love my plot, it's my little piece of heaven and I feel so gulity. I'm fairly sure all my black weed-proof fabric will have blown away, my carefully horded bits of wood, including the lovely 1/2 a new railway sleeper that I've planned to make into a bench, will have been pinched - not, I hasten to add, by fellow plotties, but by "them" - the figments of my imagination that insist on making me believe that my plot will be a weed-choked wasteland and my lovely new shed will be in bits because of all the storms.

I am going down there tomorrow morning  ;D

Tabbycat x

(Now this is the bit where you all need to tell me I'm being daft, and just need to get on and sort it out & not be such a wuss) ;D ;)

Curryandchips

• Hectare
Re: Scaredy Cat
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 20:59:50 »
Not daft at all, I feel like that when I have been away for a week !!!

Good luck

Derek
The impossible is just a journey away ...

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 21:10:44 »
don't worry, your imagination will be worse than the real thing  :)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 21:26:14 »
After recent winds... ooohhhh :-\ :-\ :-\

Only kidding. You'll b doing overtime to make up for lost time. Put a tent up in it to catch up. ;D ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 21:56:36 »
I get the same worries as I'm sure most allotmenteers and gardeners do when they haven't seen their patch for a while.  Like manic said, your imagination is much more colourful.  Think of it like this, it has been cold and wet, so weed growth should be minimal.  However, it has been mildish, so anything you had growing, should still be green and looking nice.  So tomorrow....you can tell us all about it!

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 13:57:32 »
I was being a big wuss..... ::)

everything is fine - even my weedproof fabric is still where it's supposed to be. One of the perspex shed windows is cracked but I think that's because the wind has rattled it so much it's popped it out of it's frame. Have used that wonderful cure-all Duck Tape, to stick it back together.

Just spent a lovely morning digging over a bed for my raspberry canes.  :)

Tabby

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 15:16:04 »
 8)

I am in a similar state Tabby! I have even more excuses! But I WILL go tomorrow, no other jobs on, so no excuse!

;)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 18:00:56 »
we went today, got a bit wet, blown about, chilly, loved it, it blew all the cobwebs away  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal