Author Topic: DONT FORGET BBC2  (Read 18526 times)

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
Re: DONT FORGET BBC2
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2007, 15:50:32 »
:)

been watching clips of the programme on BBC 2 gardening website,

I love Carol she is sooo enthusiastic/ shades x
grow your own way

Yellow Petals

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2007, 16:20:08 »
I hope it's better then last nights Gardener of the year 2006. :(

It wasn't very good was it?   :-\   I was a bit disappointed with the end results (says me who has exotic species living in her jungle)  I was very much looking forward to how all of the garden plans were going to turn out as our garden is unfortunately about as small as those being used to I was hoping for some good ideas. 

Petals I hope your as confussed as I am, I had that one pencilled in for tomorrow kt so thanks for that. PS Petals only 22 days to the big day. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :-*

Just 20 days til I am 21 again <sigh> Answer your PMs!  Make that PM, cos I only sent one  ;D

miniroots

• Half Acre
  • Beautiful bolting
    • Random allotment pictures
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2007, 20:03:25 »
OMG!!

I just happened to look at this post - 10 minutes before start of programme!! I would have forgotten...

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2007, 20:45:32 »
She's a bit OTT isn't she?

T'would annoy me to death.....  ;)

Bit disappointed TBH, but will persevere next week.
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2007, 20:47:13 »
well ????? what did you all think ?

I quite enjoyed it but i wish she'd have chosen someone with precious little sun and rotten soil.  I'd have volunteered !

Clever OH has managed to "tape" it on the computer for me too.

I'm almost persuaded to find a corner for some jerusalem artichokes though !

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2007, 20:49:01 »
Not as good as I was expecting.  :(

Rather disapointed. Will see what is revealed next week.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2007, 20:49:57 »
Found it a bit disjointed and she only covered three things in perfect conditions - but will see what she has got to offer next week  :( :(

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2007, 20:55:07 »
Hmmmm, all is could hear was THAT MUSIC!!!! It annoyed me so much, I found it hard to concentrate on the content!   >:(

A bit disappointed overall, a bit fragmented, I'm not sure total beginners would be tempted to have a go. The preperation of the soil and making the raised beds were made to look dead easy though; they really lucked out on the soil front.

Still, it's a programme about veg, so that's good! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2007, 21:02:07 »
Guess it is intended to spark off enthusiasm in first time growers - lull them into a false sense of comfort until they face hard reality more like ::) Have to agree about the music and the "arty" camera shots" AND  the family they chose run a Fitness Business so they are already going to be toned and supple (like us!!).

After all that criticism - at least it is a programme about growing veg so I'll probably watch it.  Carol's enthusiasm always seems genuine and she does get her hands dirty bless her!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

vee

• Acre
  • Ashton-under-Lyne, near Manchester
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2007, 21:04:36 »
I thought it looked beautiful, but it was showing robins and lines of pegs when she was talking about how to do something, so how helpful it would be to a beginner I don't know.
I found the way the camera never focussed on what they were doing very frustrating - I mean exactly what shape was the RHS bed? I think it might have been L-shaped but it was difficult to be sure.
Overall it was more about the camera person doing tricksy things than being a useful programme that taught new things.

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2007, 21:14:48 »
I thought it looked beautiful, but it was showing robins and lines of pegs when she was talking about how to do something, so how helpful it would be to a beginner I don't know.
I found the way the camera never focussed on what they were doing very frustrating - I mean exactly what shape was the RHS bed? I think it might have been L-shaped but it was difficult to be sure.
Overall it was more about the camera person doing tricksy things than being a useful programme that taught new things.

Spot on.
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

gtm41658

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2007, 21:15:27 »
does anyone else get as excited as Carol did when she went to lift her spuds!!!! :)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2007, 21:19:10 »
does anyone else get as excited as Carol did when she went to lift her spuds!!!! :)

Just pleased to get the veg that hasnt been taken by disease or beasties
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

LauraB

• Half Acre
  • West Bromwich
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2007, 21:19:31 »
I'm disappointed. It wasn't nearly as informative as I'd hoped it would be. The articles I've read about it suggested it would inspire people to grow veg but I doubt that, somehow. Nice to look at but not really inspirational

The highlight for me was when my husband choked on his coffee at the old guy asking Carol if she wanted her a*** stroked. No dear, he said 'artichokes'. Nearly got him interested in the lottie there  ::)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2007, 21:21:09 »

The highlight for me was when my husband choked on his coffee at the old guy asking Carol if she wanted her a*** stroked. No dear, he said 'artichokes'. Nearly got him interested in the lottie there  ::)

Strangely enough, my OH (watching under suffrance) said exactly the same thing!
Men eh..... ;)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

LauraB

• Half Acre
  • West Bromwich
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2007, 21:23:20 »

Strangely enough, my OH (watching under suffrance) said exactly the same thing!
Men eh..... ;)

Shouldn't have corrected him, I might have got a few days digging out of it  :)

ted72

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2007, 21:45:34 »
I have to say I must be in the minority I actually enjoyed it, or just call me nosey! ;)

liked how it gave us a look at carol's garden, trully lovely, she doesn't patronise like some other gardening presenters out there.

I was chuckling away when she got so excited about her crop of potatoes, reminds of how i was when i got my first crop, in fact when I get any crop. want to show it all off to the world, ha ha.

The site featured at harlow carr actually lays on a bit of a slope, we visited at the beginning of december and all I can remember seeing were a few herbs, garlic and some leeks... and a fair few hybrid dandelions! ::) Look forward to visiting it later this year to see it all in full growth.

trina

never drive faster than angels can fly

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2007, 22:25:57 »
I am another one who gets excited like that when harvesting my crops.  ;D

It was okay, not earth shattering.  I flicked over to the final of Worlds Strongest Man which was much more exciting. ;D  Those Jamie Oliver/Nigella Lawson out of focus, funny angles, close up of things which aren't relevant drive me mad.  It has tempted me to get some JA for the plot, but with all these shows they seem to find someone with pots of cash and lovely ground....not like me, skint with rough old London clay.  However, as you have all said, it's about veggies, so I will stay tuned next week.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2007, 22:28:25 »
B*G*ER....I missed it!

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2007, 22:32:21 »
You didn't miss much  :o :o.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal