Author Topic: How do you download...  (Read 768 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
How do you download...
« on: December 29, 2006, 09:36:23 »
I have been trying to download a video clip from the website YOUTUBE.COM for use in a presentation at work.

I cant seem to be able to get it onto my PC. Is it possible to download videoclips from here or is it for uploading onto only ???
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: How do you download...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 15:00:09 »
I download pics by right clicking on them then saving. I'm pretty sure it works with video clips as well.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 15:40:53 »
tried that. no joy
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 17:15:57 »
Have you tried right click on video clip, then go to properties, highlight the address then copy, then  paste it into a hyperlink  url with another right click.

Spruance

• Quarter Acre
    • Garden World Discussions
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 21:32:22 »
You cannot download video clips from the YouTube site. This is from the FAQs on their Help section...

Can I download videos to watch later?
No. YouTube's video player is designed to be used within your browser as an Internet experience; that's why we have comments and other community features attached to the videos. If you'd like to temporarily save videos to watch later, you can add them to your QuickList, and if you'd like to save them more permanently, login and click "Save to Favorites" under the videos you'd like to keep.

On the other hand, you may be able to find the same clip on Putfile's website. Putfile used to operate on the same 'no download' basis as YouTube, but recently they have changed their stance and now seem to actively encourage downloads.

This is Putfile's main page. It might be worth a shot.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal