Author Topic: Wilkinsons watch  (Read 8613 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: Wilkinsons watch
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2007, 08:06:44 »
Hi Kev. I don't mind being a groupie of Wilkies. Theres not much else going at my age. the thing is , we can get there in 10 minutes, park undercover and walk to the store what ever the weather. Not only that, it's the first store we come to when leaving the car park. It's a laugh really. We go do our other shopping and when we get back to Wilkies Tony suggests he takes the bags up to the car while I look around Wilkies. Believe me I'm like bat out of hell round those isles before he gets back. He always knows where to find me. I just love Wilkies.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2007, 09:01:45 »
yep pots, onions, rhubarb, asparagus and even elephant garlic at my wilkos yesterday. I spent another tenner after already spending thirty at downtown!

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2007, 09:17:38 »
Still nothing in at our local Wilkos yesterday but came across a G/Centre selling spuds at £2.75 for 3/2.5Kg depending on type approx 34 tubers in each. So bought an early a second and a main.
Onions sets were £1.19 for 50 buy 2 get third free so got three of them.

So with the seed onons in and the overwintered onions gowing well Im about done now - except for some red onion sets as they had sold out of these .... wil still have to go to wilkos

my missus thinks Ive got too many onions but as I remind her if I grow 365 its only 1 a day if they all grow ;)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2007, 09:24:42 »
No wilkinsons here Shirlton sorry can't bump up your shares. When I visit the outlaws sorry the inlaws in the  N. East I visit their Wilkos big ol shop that one.
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2007, 10:50:02 »
Paid a visit yesterday afternoon and took advantage of their "buy one, get one free" seed offer. Eight packets of seeds for the price of four, isn't bad! They had lots of onion/shallot sets in, but the condition of them was very poor as they were all very soft, so although I was tempted by the red onion ones, I resisted.  Might look in the other Wilko's store we have in Newcastle. They had lots of gardening stuff in but the staff were still filling shelves, so I will be paying more visits soon to see what else I can get there.  :D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Cat

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2007, 11:15:38 »
My local Wilkos has never stocked seed potatoes  ???  They have onions, shallots, garlic and tons of seeds but no potatoes...going to ask them why when I next go.

Sometimes we just need a helping hand!

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2007, 13:40:58 »
:)

i also am a wilko's groupie, i go every day, its next door to where i work ;D

bought Maris peer and Nicola seed pots so far, awaiting the fruit trees.

all the plants etc I've bought from there have grown with great success /shades x
grow your own way

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2007, 18:22:17 »
So glad that there is someone else like me. I just cannot resist going in there, Sometimes I just look and am able to resist the temptation. Other time I go bloomin mad. There fruit was a bit expensive I thought 1.99 for a raspberry was a bit much. I  ordered mine from Tand M. Have yet to get them though.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 00:07:23 »
Try Woolies for your rasps, Shirlton - packs of 4 (Glen Clova or Malling Jewel) for £1.99.
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 14:12:11 »
1.99 for one raspberry thats a bit strong Shirlton.
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2007, 10:11:50 »
Popped in for soem BOGOF seeds yesterday and picked up 6 Huge plastic tubs for veg growing in the yard.  Best of all, they were BOGOF too.  Big enough to grow potatos in, £3.99.  Sadly the little wheely trollies were not on offer, but only £2.99.  Still, good value & needed to keep the yard useable all summer.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

okra

• Hectare
  • Grow your own its much safer
    • Cyprus Gardener
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2007, 21:40:34 »
Popped in to Wilko's today and they are selling heavy duty gardeining gloves for 69p
Grow your own its much safer - http://www.cyprusgardener.co.uk
http://cyprusgardener.blogspot.co.uk
Author of Olives, Lemons and Grapes (ISBN-13: 978-3841771131)

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2007, 14:45:11 »
Popped in to Wilko's today and they are selling heavy duty gardeining gloves for 69p

...ooo I like that idea ... at that price could slash out and buy TWO pairs  :o ::) :D
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal