Author Topic: SCARECROW !  (Read 1024 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
SCARECROW !
« on: December 15, 2006, 16:56:30 »
Hi all I wondered if anyone has got or ever made a scarecrow. My plan is to snare some of my mates clothes and laminate a photo of him to give my scarecrow a really scary face, he loves mocking us lotties, so makes himself the perfect target any ideas how to  get started it seems easy but I want it looking perfect.   P.S. 
 His mother and friends walk through the park and past the allotment, cant wait to see his face  :o  in the spring probably be smarter than him.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: SCARECROW !
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 17:23:44 »
I have 2 that the children made spring 2005.  He is standing up to the weather and allotment life very well and has only had to have a new mask.  She on the other hand is looking very sad indeed.  Her head rolled off one day - frightened the life out of me!  In the spring the children can make her a new head and maybe sort her out some stronger arms.  They used to spook me as I would catch site of them out of the corner of my eye, but now I would miss them if they weren't there - my company!  The old boys all took the mick when we arrived with them one bright Sunday morning, but I don't care!  ;D

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 20:52:30 »
just read this post as I was catching up with all the news.

I made one this summer with my girls. He was looking very smart until it rained and then the cross-piece of wood forming his arms gave way under the weight of the soggy straw and clothing.

He lay on the plot looking very sorry for himself for a while but I felt compelled to fix him as my plot is right next to a well-used footpath and everyone kept asking me when I was going to put him back up.

Like Emma-Jane says, he did used to spook me and my fellow-plot holders until we got used to him!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 22:58:48 »
I've made a couple; you have to make them really strong as they gain in weight more than somewhat when it rains.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 09:29:08 »
One of our neighbouring plots have a very fetching "Sid and Nancy" Punk scarecrows... we had John and Barbara(?) from the good life...
 8)

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 15:01:13 »
Tom surely ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal