Author Topic: Passing on downloads.  (Read 1522 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Passing on downloads.
« on: December 21, 2006, 11:20:51 »
Once again I'm sure this is glaringly obvious but if someone sends me an email with a download and I then want to post it on a forum how do I do it ? My child is far too busy celebrating Christmas to help me  ::)
Smile, it confuses people.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Passing on downloads.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 19:12:16 »
so glaringly obvious,  that peeps think it's so glaringly obvious it's not worth tellin you about what is, after all, absolutely glaringly obvious?

an I want to know the answer as well :-[

;D

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 19:22:43 »
Depends on what the attachment is I  think. All attachments need to be 'detached' into a separate file on the computer, eg in My Docs ...

If the file is a text file, then the contents can be copied and pasted into a normal post. If an image file, then it depends on normal image posting procedures. Other types of file eg music files and video files would need to be uploaded to a host site, and the link then posted for members to view ...

Hopefully, some of the more technically competent can present this a bit better?

Obviously glaringly obvious !!! :D (NOT !)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 19:24:23 by Curry »
The impossible is just a journey away ...

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 19:47:42 »
When you go to open the file usually you are given the option to OPEN or SAVE. Click SAVE and place it where you want it to be either My Documents or desktop. You may also wish to rename the document.

Next, start the post reply. Prior to clicking POST, click on Additional Options, select Browse. Double click on the document you want to attach. Then post. :D Hey presto. All done.

I find it easier than using other methods as I have paid my £10 subscription. Saves loads of hassle and time posting attachments and photos etc. ;)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 00:23:43 »
Well thanks KtL. and Curry. Will give it a go.
And Lish, I had begun to think the same, Dimbo sitting here,not knowing what every one else GLARINGLY OBVIOUSLY already knows. Feel better now, you lovely boys. ;D ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 23:25:50 »
Managed it tonight !! Hurrah. I saved it and posted it through Photobucket as I still haven't got round to paying subs. ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal