Author Topic: Putting pictures on this site  (Read 4102 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Putting pictures on this site
« on: March 05, 2007, 23:12:06 »
Hi, can someone explain to me, a real dope,in very simple language how I put pictures on the site. I have the pictures on my computer and I paid £10 to the site for something to do with pictures but have  NO idea what to do ...none...zilch...not a clue, Is there someone out there willing to have a go at educating me please Thank you in advance XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Re: Putting pictures on this site
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 23:23:11 »
Jeannine,

Thanks for the donation, a quick explanation here,

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/By_subscription

I'll explain more tomorrow, it's late now, I'm going to bed!

Dan

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 23:24:44 »
I think I just tried something like that but I am so confused I doubt if I can explain  it, it was to do with MSN,and Wizard,I ended up with MSN e mail account and some group name but it has just confused me more.I guess I am lost cause eh? XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 23:26:12 »
Thanks Dan and Triffid, I am getting myself all upset about this as I feel so stupid XX Jeannine

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 23:30:20 »
Don't get upset Jeannine!  :-*
Why don't you go to photobucket now and set yourself up with a username and password. You can always change to another hosting site another day.

Post here once you've done that and I'll try to help you get your first piccie up!

[EDIT: took down my previous post to remove misinformation before it gets permanently embedded!]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 00:01:18 by triffid »

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 23:39:40 »
Don't worry, it is very easy with the subscription.

You can attach a photo to a post as easy as you attach a photo to an email.

You'll get the hang of it, you do not need to use MSN, photobucket or anything else!

Cheers

Dan

triffid

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 23:44:40 »
 ;D Or better still, follow Dan's advice!  ;D

(I wouldn't have posted my last if you hadn't said you were off to bed, Dan: I just didn't want Jeannine burning the midnight oil fretting over it.)

*sidles away again*

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 23:45:46 »
Jeannine, since you're a paid up subscriber, as confirmed by Dan the Man, when you reply to a message or open a new one, just below and to the left of the box you type the message in, there's a heading in blue 'Additional Options'.  If you click that, you'll get the extra options as shown in Dan's link.  If you want to upload a piccie that you have on your hard drive just hit the 'Browse' button, find the photo, click 'open' and assuming your photo isn't too large, it should attach itself and appear when you post your message.  Hope this helps.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 09:25:24 »
Thank you all, it is silly to get so frustrated about this but I don't do computer stuff very well,I am fine for the purpose I have to use  it for and have a really good helper at work bless him. My husband always sorted this stuff out for me but he now has memory probs and  doesn't figure it out like he used to. Anyway I amanged to get two piccies on, too big but I can figure that  out I guess. XX Jeannine

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 19:05:04 »
jeanine i know how you feel but if i can do it anyone can it wasn,t until itried to put a pic on that i realized they had to be resized so i had to go away and learn how to do that   i feel so chuffed when i learn something new it makes up for the frustration of not being able to do itmarg 8)
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Hot House

• Quarter Acre
  • Enjoying life
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 21:16:56 »
BUT POHTOBUCKET IS FREE

WHY PAID

??? ??? ???  >:(

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 21:49:46 »
Hi I will look into this photo bucket as it sound interesting however the main reason why I paid my £10 to the site,photpbucket or not, is because I feel it is small contribution on my part to a very worth while forum,it was by way of a donation to help with running costs, the picture thing was a pleasant bonus. Someone is working very hard in the background for me to enjoy the chat and very vauable advice, and they are doing a first class job.I couldn't do it  myself , this way I feel I have helped maintain a very worthwhile project. XX Jeannine

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 18:34:11 »
I agree, jeannine, whether we get easier photo posting or not, the forum's for our benefit and if more people paid Dan wouldn't have to worry about costs  :)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 18:54:33 »
I agree but part of the reason that i paid was to post photo,s easy  my son enrolled me with photobucket but i couldn,t catch on also members PMed me with
instructions but i still couldn,t twig :-[ at last i,m away  can recomend this way
marg 8)
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 23:26:08 »
I agree with manicscousers too , I could go to photobucket and post free pics too,  I am itching to post pictures but I haven't got around to paying Dan yet and would feel guilty if I posted any without paying first
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

triffid

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 00:27:07 »
BUT POHTOBUCKET IS FREE

WHY PAID

??? ??? ???  >:(

Because as Dan has confessed elsewhere**, he subsidises this site -- as well as running it. Like Jeannine and lots of others, I treat my tenner as a subscription to support A4A, regardless of how I actually post my pix.
It's a brilliant site. Apart from the giggles and social stuff, it's worth every penny to me in terms of advice received and costly mistakes avoided!  ;D

** http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,91/topic,28706.0

companion_plant

• Not So New ...
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 11:08:53 »
When I seek to reply to a post I don't see the option of attaching photos. Do I need to do something differently or am I just too impatient having only just joined up & paid up?  ???

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 21:19:44 »
it's something to do with additional options, companion..then you should get browse..probably someone else, more knowledgeable than me'll be along in a minute  ;D

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 20:41:27 »
When you've paid your dues to Dan, & it's worth it!
You will be able to post pics. under the 'Additional options' thingie.
Go for it!
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal