Author Topic: Am I missing something  (Read 2759 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Am I missing something
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 10:11:49 »
Had two holiday brochures plop through my door already. ::)
They plopped straight in the bin.  ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 17:41:36 »
:) Hope that was the re-cycle bin Emagggie.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 17:46:33 »
Husband and I got picked up at silly o'clock yesterday morning by my sister and mum who wanted to be at the doors of Van Hages for the start of their sale!  I didn't want to disappear under the feet of 400 stampeding women so I retreated into the book department until the cafe opened  ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 22:56:14 »
:) Hope that was the re-cycle bin Emagggie.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Noooooooooooo CK, too glossy. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 10:17:32 »
Husband and I got picked up at silly o'clock yesterday morning by my sister and mum who wanted to be at the doors of Van Hages for the start of their sale! 

Watch it Kiddo! Your mum'n'me's been swapping mails about all the quantities of Christmas cards, wrapping paper, labels and bows we've bought at half-price and less 8) SHOP EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS, that's what we say ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2006, 06:56:13 »
you and me both Lish.  Got ALL the cards for next year already.  My Nunhead friend bought hers from the same shop but we got different boxes to make sure we weren't sending each other the same ones.   ;D The OH dragged me to Regent Street to spend his christmas dosh which was torture so I repaid the favour by dragging him to a garden centre to buy some compost for my cuttings ..... blisss !

Best tv ad has been the Irn Bru snowman letting go of the little boys hand ......... priceless

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2006, 09:21:27 »
Can't stand the sales and there's so much cr*p on TV that I opted to work over the festive period for the following reasons:

1.  It tends to be very, very quiet so we can amuse ourselves (i've been doing next years planting plan)
2.   The company arranges for our Xmas lunch to be brought in, and it's very nice.
3.   I get special payments for working Xmas day, Boxing day etc so it's easy money.
4.   No stress, no washing up, no arguments over who's doing what, lots of choccies.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2006, 17:33:03 »
I used to do the same when I worked shifts. I did 48 hours straight over the millennium at several times the normal rate. No such luck these days, but at least I get nice long holidays.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 18:31:48 »
ROBERT! I am Well and Truly SHOCKED :o :o :o

You're a Blackleg to the Teacher Community & Must Toe the Party Line Immediately at peril of being thrown out of this Esteemed Profession and risk queing at the Job Centre for a post where one is expected to work an 8hr day for 5-6 days a week with 2 weeks holiday to be taken during the Firm's slack period....

Detention for you MeLad, writing out "teachers are overworked, underpaid and do NOT EVER  EVER have so called 'long holidays'"

And please wash your fingers thoroughly in Carbolic soap before undertaking the task.

;)  :P ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2006, 20:35:48 »
Ah, but if we didn't have decent breaks, we'd all have breakdowns, the mental health services would collapse under the strain, and there would be total mayhem with nobody getting any education at all.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal