Author Topic: Life.  (Read 1237 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Life.
« on: December 20, 2006, 17:37:13 »
Today I was laughing at something Alishka sent to me and my telephone rang. It was a call from a friend who told me that his wife had a massive heart attack yesterday and they couldn't save her. We have been real friends since 1977. Barbara was 62, because of Harry's age (78) we possibly all thought that he would be taken first. They had one son who was killed outside their bungalow in a road accident age 8 in 1975
My happy mood was changed in seconds but we had so much fun over the years that I have tried thinking of all the great times. So many crazy stories I could tell. My children will be devastated as she was almost part of our family
Lorna.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Life.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 17:38:38 »
Lorna, So sorry for your loss.  We are thinking of you.

Emma and Mark

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 18:01:51 »
Lorna, I am so sorry to hear your sad news.  At least she wouldn't have known too much about it and hopefully met up with her son again.   Keep thinking of the happy times, I am sure that is what Barbara would want you to do.  I will be thinking of you and both her and your families. Take care.  T.

Emm P

• Half Acre
    • Living History
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 18:13:12 »
I agree. It will be difficult, but keep on trying to think of the good times you had together.
I am sure she would prefer that, to tears.
No outfit is complete - without dog hairs!!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 18:27:57 »
so many to light candles for this year, think about the wonderful laughs together, we'll be thinking of you all  :-*

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 21:03:30 »
So sorry Lorna, to hear that sad news , just keep on thinking of lots of happy times you spent together. Love Mary & Ronxxxx.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 21:18:45 »
So sorry to hear your news Lorna.  62 is no age is it.  You never know what is awaiting you do you, we should just all learn to enjoy our life and appreciate our loved ones.  My thoughts are with you. :-*
Happy gardening all...........Pat

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 22:03:23 »
My thanks to you all and also for the PM's I have received. Barbara was a great person and was always there for any of her friends. We had so much fun over the years and Barb and me got up to some hilarious things when we were out,  our husbands would just look at each other. She was such a great person I have sat and  had happy thoughts with so many memories. See you in my dreams Barb.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 23:53:03 »
So sorry for your saddness Lorna, thinking of you.
Smile, it confuses people.

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 23:58:20 »
Cling on to those happy memories, Lorna.

For what it's worth, you're in my thoughts and prayers.
(())

triff

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 07:55:06 »
Sorry to hear that Lorna, both my parents died around Christmas in their early 60's.. but there was ten years between them (WW2). My mum died today ten years ago... I was called out of work to see her in Hospital before she died... I made it by about 45 mins... the family reckon she held on to see me...
 :'(

Yellow Petals

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 14:12:47 »
So sorry for your bad news, Lorna.  Thoughts are with you xxx

so many to light candles for this year, think about the wonderful laughs together, we'll be thinking of you all  :-*

Such a beautiful thing to say.

muddy boots

• Half Acre
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 17:24:01 »
Same thing happened to me a few years ago.  As it was so sudden, I did benefit from the fact that all my memories are now of the terrific person I knew.

So sorry you are going through the mill this year, Lorna.  Do take care and enjoy the little one who has come into your life.

Take care

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal