Author Topic: Gardener/Builder needed  (Read 3334 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Gardener/Builder needed
« on: November 25, 2006, 23:38:31 »
*sigh* it's sad that it's come to this.....but this is my final option really. I need someone who can build me my greenhouse. There have been people here kind enough to offer me so much advice and help.....but i just don't get the time now. It's been sitting in my backyard for ages.....and i'd really like it to be up and running. So due to time and lack of skills....I'm looking for someone who might be able to do it for me.....or give me a hand.

I'll pay any reasonable amount. I've asked local builders and handymen and their prices are just madness.

thanks for any help guys.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Gardener/Builder needed
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 11:41:11 »
Wahaj, think you're doing the right thing :)

It's not strictly a Freecycle issue, but our B'ham branch has a cafe section where regularly calls go out for recommendations for man&van etc.etc. - and always get good replies - sometimes from fellow freecyclers who've got the skills needed too & charge a minimal amount. Yours got anything similar?

Good luck

sid

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 20:14:11 »
wher are you from if you r close to doncaster i can help you out

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 23:05:53 »
wher are you from if you r close to doncaster i can help you out

no....sorry mate....i'm in northamptonshire....

sorry i assumed everyone knew about the member map thing...

But yeah i'm in Rothwell in Northamptonshire.

Thanks very much for the offer though! :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 14:54:08 »
Eh! Wahaj, you say 'lack of skills'....it's not such a difficult thing, honest. I put together 3 last year and 2 this year. I'm ear-marked for another 2 for next spring. Get the opposite corners the same distance and the rest is just nuts and bolts. Go-on....have a go, you'll be suprised how UN-difficult it is.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 19:48:54 »
Eh! Wahaj, you say 'lack of skills'....it's not such a difficult thing, honest. I put together 3 last year and 2 this year. I'm ear-marked for another 2 for next spring. Get the opposite corners the same distance and the rest is just nuts and bolts. Go-on....have a go, you'll be suprised how UN-difficult it is.

i have. trust me i've tried. Eric's been very kind to help me out online and give me lots of advice. he even gave me measurements and every tiny little thing i need to do. It makes sense to me when i read it.....but it comes to actually doing it......i fail misreably. i've tried time and time again with the bloody base and i don't want to depress myself by attempting it again and failing lol.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 08:59:03 »
do you have picture?what type is it?

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 12:07:24 »
it's a 6 by 8....i dont have any pics im afraid.

i'll try and get one.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 17:37:04 »
Well I am miles away but once or twice a year I go to spratton and the steam rally.
If I am up there before that then I will give you a shout, failing that, if you still haven`t got it done by the time the steam rally comes up then mail me and I may be able to pop round for half a day or so and see what I can do.

Sorry cant do anything before that though.

Andy

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 12:28:04 »
aww bless ya, thats very kind of you. ive no idea when the steam rally is though lol.

yea just whenever youre up here gimme a shout. obviously i can pay you a few bob for it.

thanks again so much!

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 16:16:24 »
awww. this place is something else. gardeners are such a helpful lot. x

Rose.mary

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 21:54:56 »
Wajah

I had the same problem last year and being a mere (and elderly) female I had many sleepless nights.
I eventually found an 'odd job man' who was advertising in the local paper, and was very lucky, he knew what he was doing.
I helped him and between us we did it. It took us a day and a half and cost me £120.There was no way I could have done it by myself as I was not tall enough to put the glass in the roof.

Good luck

Rosemary

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal