Author Topic: Skiptastic  (Read 4224 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Skiptastic
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 17:25:45 »
;D  It must be one of them days, a storage company who rent space at my workplace moved out today, one of our managers told them he would throw away stuff they didn't want in the skip tomorrow, crafty sod he's like a magpie, anyway in I delth got myself a roll of netting its the one's they use on scaffolds on shops to stop dust and debris falling on to the pavement it's 6.5 foot wide and god knows (sorry Robert) how long but a good find, looks like todays finds are all scaffold related  strange1 ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 17:33:34 »
I think a standard roll is 50m long, anyhow, I am jealous !!!
The impossible is just a journey away ...

steve.k

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 17:36:01 »
Similar thing happened to me about 4 weeks ago. Skip lorry changes our skip at work but leaves behind the same type of netting. They use it to cover the skip while transporting. It's in my shed now ready for next season.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 18:17:12 »
that's what we use for our cabbage covered beds !!, works brilliantly  :)

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 18:18:52 »
:) That's where all that rubbish on the roads in Kent come from. Stevie K chored the poor skip drivers net.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 10:13:07 »
wow you have all been busy!!

back now, getting some funny looks wandering around in a t-shirt. But having experianced -15 this is warm!

Snow was 7ft high in places and the ice hotel was great!!!!

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 15:45:42 »
Hope you had a nice time Cam where was it you went? Don't forget your lasagne in freezer . ::) ::) ::) :) ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 18:54:16 »
i can't believe you guys go around looking in skips lol.

i'd love to be able to stuff like that but i always feel like a tramp looking in skips. not that i'm calling any of you a tramp....i just feel everyone's gonna think what the hell is that asian boy doing wearing his hood looking in that skip lol.

the only time i ever took something from a skip was when someone was having their roof done and the builders were throwing perfectly wonderfull huge pieces of blue slate into the skip. i aksed them and i carried home as much as i could. i didn't realise they were so heavy. i did 2 trips and managed to carry no more than about 10 tiles. i crushed them and i use them as a mulch on pots.

i wish i could drive. i intend to one day. but once i get a car i don't think i'll ever be at home. i'll be down to every garden centre every other day, i'll be going collecting free stuff from free cycle....i'll be going visiting gardens and garden shows....buying stuff that's too big to carry on the bus.....etc etc. *sigh*

i envy every one of you with a car lol.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 20:15:16 »
They are an almost bottomless drain on the finances Wahaj... I commute to Leicester from Derby and it costs me @£ 50 pw just in petrol!
 :-X

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 20:30:30 »
Hope you had a nice time Cam where was it you went? Don't forget your lasagne in freezer . ::) ::) ::) :) ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

i went to ice hotel and stockhom in sweden and am eating lasagna now yum

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2006, 13:19:37 »
Well, it's not stricly from a skip and I'll refrain from using it to mulch my potatoes...

Found this morning in a neighbour's recycle box:

15 National Geographic magazines, dating from 1963 to 1981. There's one from 1966 with an article on the move of the Abou Simbel temple. Great stuff ;D!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 13:22:40 by dandelion »

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 13:46:34 »
what you could do is cut out the pictures and plaster your shed ( inside with them ) and then pop some clear varnish over them

that would be pretty!

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 14:17:31 »
what you could do is cut out the pictures and plaster your shed ( inside with them ) and then pop some clear varnish over them

I'm a shedless person  :'(.   'Structures' are not allowed on our site.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 14:35:28 »
How about a runner bean tunnel - at least it would give some shade if we have another summer like the last one?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal