Author Topic: Garlic in pots?  (Read 814 times)

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
Garlic in pots?
« on: December 14, 2006, 09:12:15 »
Hi everyone,

Haven't posted much recently as work's been a bit manic, but now I've got a question and can't find the answer in Wiki  :(

I have some garlic to plant but the ground where it should go isn't ready yet. So can I plant it temporarily in pots and then transfer it later? And if so, what size pots should I use? I'd be very grateful for any advice :)

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Garlic in pots?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 11:54:02 »
You can definitely plant it in pots, as it needs the cold to clove, and it makes a lot of root growth over the winter. Someone else will have to advise about pot size as I haven't tried it myself.

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 12:01:23 »
Thank you Robert.

Cheers,
Robert ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 13:43:20 »
Excellent! Thanks very much ;D

Cheers,
Rob ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal