Author Topic: Good News for First Timers ... It Gets Easier!  (Read 1897 times)

Dunc_n_Tricia

• Quarter Acre
  • It's Cheaper Than Joining a Gym!
Good News for First Timers ... It Gets Easier!
« on: April 24, 2004, 14:30:48 »
We've just got back from a productive trip to the lottie, and had to tell all the newbies that the second year is a lot easier.

In the time it took us to first weed and dig over one bed when we got our plot last year, we've got two ready. The beds weren't walked on, so it is much easier to fork through. The weeds haven't had long to get tough roots so they come out easier as well.

I'm not just bragging  :D, I want those poor souls with aching limbs from preparing a weed infested plot to know that (once it is done), it gets easier.

Happy Planting Everyone!!!

:-* Tricia

Wicker

• Hectare
Re:Good News for First Timers ... It Gets Easier!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 15:25:47 »
Gppd for you, encouragement from someone who has such recent experience of an overgrown plot must encourage other newbies.  
It's never easy but it's always worthwhile!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 15:57:02 »
Thanks for the encouragement Dunc and Trisha.  One good thing on my plot is that at least the stones wont grow back  ;D  Weeds I can cope with but the stones are a problem and cause of a lot of back ache.  Think I'll take out some shares in Radox the amount that Im going through, I am sure I would make a profit. ;)
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 18:51:36 »
[secret mode on]And the third year's even easier :) :) :) If you're a true idiot like me, you start to look back on the first clearing with some nostalgia![secret mode off]

Good on you both - Gavin

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 19:33:41 »
'Whisper mode on' My Back says thank you Gavin. I am even more pleased to hear that little secret.  'Whisper mode off' :-*
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal