Author Topic: Digging Deep  (Read 2883 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Digging Deep
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 10:10:03 »
Ah I see, thanks for clarification.
Smile, it confuses people.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 12:47:38 »
Most of my life I've not had a tele and you know what? I'm really missing that yearly round-robin snail mail TVLA and I used to exchange around Christmastime (the time my previous licence became defunct)....them just NOT believing I'd chosen to not replace my set when it nosedived down a flight of stairs when I was repositioning furniture after a decorating stint...

Then, 6 years ago, someone bought me a television AND a video recorder..so I bought a licence and the fun stopped :'(

And guess what? When/if there's a need to replace my current set-up, due to digitalization(such a word?).....I ain't gonna bother, and the correspondence will resume....

Oh! what joy ::)

btw.....Gardeners' Question Time, Radio4, Sunday afternoon...... still rocks

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 18:08:41 »
Not you lot Ace but the kids I teach... live your own life. I shall be at MIL's and friends this weekend and will probably watch some TV but not 9Celebrity) Strictly Come Dancing!
Watch as much or as little as you want.... OH and I don't get a comic(Newspaper) either though I do look at the cartoons when there is one on the Bar in the Pub!
 ::)
Sorry Lishka didn't see the spill over onto page two... we used to send those letters back regularly(about ten years) with "Do not have a TV" on them, eventually the sent a very polite giant to ask if he could have a look in the house... we could technically have said no.. but he only looked in the living room, even though we offered him a complete tour. They then sent us a letter saying they would not bother us for the next five years and they have kept their word!
 8)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 18:15:31 by saddad »

muddy boots

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 19:12:58 »
Grrh!  Since I have moved flat and the last peeps bought a license, cos they were required to, have been bombarded with threatening letters.  Have telephone, written, contacted housing association who have done the same and still they come!

I pay the license through my service charge on top of my rent!  You would think that, when you take the trouble to write to tell them this, get the housing association to tell them the same, they would get the message!  But, no, still getting enforcement threatening letters!  What on earth else should I do? :-\

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 19:52:58 »
Wind em up. Muds, wind em up!!  8) ;D ;D ;D

Me, when I'd had a period of having a TV then NOT having a TV, I created a whole new family for myself.....think dementing mother moving in with budgie and TV, then mother being moved out to nursing home & budgie being re-homed, etc.etc.etc.......tell you, not had so much fun since the Old King died...... 8).....all untrue of course, but SUCH FUN!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 21:36:23 »
let them come round and then sue the pants off them  for harassment  !!

muddy boots

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 17:33:03 »
Lish, sounds just like the madhouse here!  Really think we'll miss it when they get us to move out and sell the place!  What on earth shall we do for entertainment when all the elderly eccentrics are'nt there anymore? :o

muddy boots

• Half Acre
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 17:34:41 »
That was my next thought manic!  Have just had about enough of trying to be helpful and sort things out.  There's only so much a girl can put up with! ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 18:15:39 »
What on earth shall we do for entertainment when all the elderly eccentrics are'nt there anymore? :o

Lorna'n'me'll still be here ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal