Author Topic: UKOasis Madness!  (Read 6343 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Re: UKOasis Madness!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 20:34:46 »
Flippin eck Waj....see what happens when a nice boy like you leaves the safety of Lotties4 and goes wandering off into the jungle ::)  ;) ;D

Hey trif, thanks for putting up the words of the Joni Mitchell song 8) Bloody Sains'brys did just that....knocked down our Mecca, our Paradise, The Scene of Many Crimes ;), our Fabuloso Pub,  and extended their parking facilities....never forgiven them for that....b****rds :'(

it was the candy i swear. well....banana shaped candy lol.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 20:42:16 »
.ean even though some people are nice on there....the environment sLike i happened to mentioned the fact that i'm gay in that thread to prove my point....but now i'm being asked to go on a drink with people in london just because they're gay and so am i. I mean it's nice to ask.....but i just don't like that sort "gays sticking together" kinda thing in gay bars. it's just not my cuppa tea. But then i don't wanna be a kill joy and say no.

Then stay out in cyberspace, and tell them (nicely) why.
Smile, it confuses people.

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 20:56:27 »
'Yeah, cause all straight people get along really well with each other, don't they?

;)

And don't worry about the toxic bigot escaping and turning up here -- can you imagine how long he'd last?

Ask Supersprout if she has a recipe for pillock passata.

(I can see it now: "press one large pillock through the passata machine...")

;D

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 23:55:31 by triffid »

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2006, 21:01:28 »
'Yeah, cause all straight people get along really well with each other, don't they?

;)

And don't worry about the toxic bigot escaping the Oasis from hell and turning up here -- can you imagine how long he'd last?

Ask Supersprout if she has a recipe for pillock passata.

(I can see it now: "press one large pillock through the passata machine...")

;D

ouch!

Kev Spence

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2006, 22:12:07 »
Hi guys
I am from the UK Oasis and post under the same name on that board.
We are aware of your forum over here and I have looked in from time to time.

As regards to the mis-understanding on our board I would just like to say just recently we have had to ban 2 members which is un- precedented in our history as only one other person has ever been banned.
This has made us recently a little jumpy especially with new members, new members are readily accepted though, we have members all over the world posting on our board and the wealth of information is vast and everyone here is more than welcome to join in though you will probably be put off now.

I would just like to say that Nigel was a little quick off the mark with you Wahaj but in todays world sometimes these things happen and I can also see the "Twin towers " and the wording "Your paradise is not for me" written underneath but obviously you are the genuine article having found and read the articles on this board.

I can also assure you  Nigel is no pillock or any of the other words used in this thread and he and many others who know of this forum are  probably reading this very thread this is just advice to choose your words carefully so as not to in flame the situation further.
 Nigel is a very important nurseryman who imports palms from throughout the world and can be a very helpful person to know and I regard him as a very good friend.
Though I cannot apologise for bad vibes on the Oasis as I am not a moderator just a frequent poster I would still like to see others posting over on our board.

The snowy pics coming in from Canada at the moment are astounding........check them out.

Just to show I am the genuine article here is my garden here in Leics not too far from yourself Wahaj

http://www.pbase.com/theukoasis/kevs_garden

If I am out of order with this info I apologise but felt I needed to place the other side of the argument a little................ :)

Cheers Kev

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 23:03:39 »
Don't know what was going on there, don't want to, but you have my sympathy; that didn't feel nice at all. Despite what the guy said, it's not Opuntia subulata. That's one of the primitive ones with a cylindrical 'trunk' and not-so-vestigial leaves. You've got one of the pad species, but I don't know which one. At least it doesn't seem to have the really wicked spines of some Opuntias. The guy who said that this is the dormant season was quite right, but many Opuntias are virtually indestructible so you may get away with it. The danger is that it may well decide to rot rather than root. Get some compost and mix lots of grit into it, so it's really well-drained, plant it on edge, and water extremely carefully until you see new growth, if you do. Keep it indoors, in a cool place, and hope.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 23:34:24 »
Hi guys
I am from the UK Oasis and post under the same name on that board.
We are aware of your forum over here and I have looked in from time to time.

As regards to the mis-understanding on our board I would just like to say just recently we have had to ban 2 members which is un- precedented in our history as only one other person has ever been banned.
This has made us recently a little jumpy especially with new members, new members are readily accepted though, we have members all over the world posting on our board and the wealth of information is vast and everyone here is more than welcome to join in though you will probably be put off now.

I would just like to say that Nigel was a little quick off the mark with you Wahaj but in todays world sometimes these things happen and I can also see the "Twin towers " and the wording "Your paradise is not for me" written underneath but obviously you are the genuine article having found and read the articles on this board.

I can also assure you  Nigel is no pillock or any of the other words used in this thread and he and many others who know of this forum are  probably reading this very thread this is just advice to choose your words carefully so as not to in flame the situation further.
 Nigel is a very important nurseryman who imports palms from throughout the world and can be a very helpful person to know and I regard him as a very good friend.
Though I cannot apologise for bad vibes on the Oasis as I am not a moderator just a frequent poster I would still like to see others posting over on our board.

The snowy pics coming in from Canada at the moment are astounding........check them out.

Just to show I am the genuine article here is my garden here in Leics not too far from yourself Wahaj

http://www.pbase.com/theukoasis/kevs_garden

If I am out of order with this info I apologise but felt I needed to place the other side of the argument a little................ :)

Cheers Kev

i wasn't critisizing the board at all....far from it. as i said there are some really nice people on there.....and some people have PMd and have been very helpful.

as regards to Nigel....to be very honest i don't care whether the situation gets out of hands...because in my opinion it already has. And to be very honest i couldn't give a rotten banana if nigel was the plantsman for the buckingham palace. I have no interest in his knowledge or what he can offer...because as far as i'm concerned he is just a vindictive little, racist man. Needless to say i wont be buying any palms off him.

And EVEN if he had misunderstood my signature to start with....even after explaining intensively about the contents of my signature he still didn't speak to me like a human and refused to post on the forums if i wasn't "dealt" with.

What did bother me was how a lot of people sat on the fence with the subject on the forum. I don't know whether or not he's a "trusted" member or because of the fact that he can give discounts on palms.....i dunno.....but the needless abuse i had to put up with went pretty much un-noticed.

As i already explained in this thread that those aren't the trade towers, they look nothing like the trade towers, one's shorter than the other. It depicts my thoughts on paving over paradise. No I wonder.....if i didn't have a muslim name as my ID...would i have picked on?

again i appreciate kev that you're trying to solve matters and build bridges.....but as far as i'm concerned i'm not saying any community's better than another, i just think that i very much doubt that sort of behaviour would have gone un-noticed here.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 23:39:40 »
Don't know what was going on there, don't want to, but you have my sympathy; that didn't feel nice at all. Despite what the guy said, it's not Opuntia subulata. That's one of the primitive ones with a cylindrical 'trunk' and not-so-vestigial leaves. You've got one of the pad species, but I don't know which one. At least it doesn't seem to have the really wicked spines of some Opuntias. The guy who said that this is the dormant season was quite right, but many Opuntias are virtually indestructible so you may get away with it. The danger is that it may well decide to rot rather than root. Get some compost and mix lots of grit into it, so it's really well-drained, plant it on edge, and water extremely carefully until you see new growth, if you do. Keep it indoors, in a cool place, and hope.

thanks rob...i've put it the right way up now and hopefully it should root soon. i mean it took 2 days to root as it is lol.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 23:44:23 »
Just put the tool on ignore and leave him there.  People with such closed minds don't deserve any spotlight whatsoever.

Edit:  At the risk of sounding like a dictator, Wahaj, it might be worth locking or at the very least, keeping a close eye on this thread because the last thing you (and we) want is for a row to erupt with peeps from another forum?  Just my tuppence worth, hope I don't offend?

Sam

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 23:46:57 »
Just put the tool on ignore and leave him there.  People with such closed minds don't deserve any spotlight whatsoever.

Edit:  At the risk of sounding like a dictator, Wahaj, it might be worth locking or at the very least, keeping a close eye on this thread because the last thing you (and we) want is for a row to erupt with peeps from another forum?  Just my tuppence worth, hope I don't offend?

Sam

no i understand what you mean me lovely. i didn't mean to cause some sort of rift between communities....i only really wanted to vent to my friends about one person that treated me like crap.

but i do understand how it might reflect badly on UKOasis...and that weren't my intentions at all.....i do ppologise if that's what's happened. I think it's a fantastic board that has some very nice people.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 07:29:52 »
You never know, Wahaj, if Nigel is any kind of gentleman he will probably post you an apology on UK Oasis. ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 08:18:43 »
All just goes to show how subjective art, and the interpretation of art, can be :-[  I hope that Nige and others will now accept your explanation of the true meaning you were portraying Waj and lay this distasteful subject to rest.

Talking about interpretations, anyone want to try the on-line Rorschach (ink blot)Test?

http://www.stupidstuff.org/main/rorschach1.htm

;D

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 11:22:48 »
All just goes to show how subjective art, and the interpretation of art, can be :-[  I hope that Nige and others will now accept your explanation of the true meaning you were portraying Waj and lay this distasteful subject to rest.

Talking about interpretations, anyone want to try the on-line Rorschach (ink blot)Test?

http://www.stupidstuff.org/main/rorschach1.htm

;D

lol it told me a i'm a nut job that hates his mother and father. nice!

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 21:11:03 »
Told me the same thing Wahaj, we must be related! ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2006, 23:00:50 »
Off the main thread I know but I like the word Wassock (?) never had ocassion to put it to type before!
 ;D

bunjies

• Half Acre
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2006, 23:36:46 »
as in 'yer gurt wazzock'?
fab saying ;D
'blood sweat and tears really don't matter, just the things that you do in this garden'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal