Author Topic: Can finally see it longways!  (Read 1723 times)

timelady

• Half Acre
    • Artwork of Tina Mammoser
Can finally see it longways!
« on: November 26, 2006, 21:28:06 »
Okay, just an excuse to post a piccie! My neighbour (Hamish, nice guy) has cut down all his bramble (with the unfair help of something electrical, cheater) so I can now actually see my plot from the long side and give everyone a better idea of the size. So here's a photo of the front not-quite-half  - my plots only about 5 metres wide, so that's Hamish's in the foreground- my nearest path is on the far side of his plot so took the pic from there. Oooh, piccy is quite big, hope that's okay?

It was such a lovely day out today!
Tina.

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
Re: Can finally see it longways!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 21:38:01 »
What a huge plot :)
Look forward to seeing more pictures - and maybe even paintings?
Happy gardening

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 22:01:36 »
Use the winter months well to get it prepared for sowing season. Hope to see a cleared area of your first rows of spuds by end of Jan then.... :D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 22:14:20 »
Go for it timelady...
 8)

timelady

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 08:21:55 »
Well, the shed will be up in another week so then I'm set for winter, and for painting at the allotment too! I figure the neighbourhood kids probably won't steal an easel.  :D Actually where that metal barrel is behind the water butt is about half, I found a metal stake that was probably the old boundary for a half plot.

Probably going to spend Christmas at the plot. A friend inspired me this weekend. All my friends are going away this year and I'm looking forward to a quiet xmas but am trying to work out if there are any battery powered lights I could put in the shed for the day. Mulled wine on a camping stove and I'm sorted. :D

Tina.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 08:58:20 »
Tesco have some red battery powered lights!  Think they were about £4 but I might be wrong.  Your idea of Christmas on the lotty sounds heaven to me.  Just doing exactly what you want must be lovely....

A few times on previous Christmas Days I have just wished I could be out in the garden, it is so peaceful as there is so little traffic about, I love that quiet that you get on no other day of the year.  Have fun.

T.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 14:02:59 »
maybe lots of tea lights, lovely muted light, or build a bonfire, no one around to moan, have a lovely time and i hope the weather is whatever you want it to be  :)

timelady

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 16:00:55 »
Anything but rain will do me! ;D  There is a benefit to being an expat abroad you see, and all my friends going away. I have done the big 'everyone together' friends xmas dinners/days which was great. Last year though everyone went away (most of my friends have ailing elderly parents now alas :() and I actually went with my bike out near Deal (on the train!) and cycled back and forth to Dover and Margate. Just me, the bike, and Radio 4 for a week in a windmill B&B. It was bliss! Snowy, wet, cold, muddy bliss, but bliss nonetheless. ;) So at least I'll be closer to the warm trappings of home this year.

Took another pic of the back half, will post it later this evening... gotta go do some work.

Tina.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal