Author Topic: Does anyone know if there is a dvd???  (Read 1572 times)

cacran

• Hectare
Does anyone know if there is a dvd???
« on: November 26, 2006, 23:05:12 »
There used to be a programme on TV about allotments in Leeds area. It was narated by Thelma Barlow (Mavis off Corrie!) I wasn't into lotties at the time but am now. I wondered if I could get a copy of the series on DVD. I sent off for what I thought was it and it was another regeonal programme from the south, not the one I wanted but okay in itself. doea nyone know the name of the programme and what channel it was on??

vee

• Acre
  • Ashton-under-Lyne, near Manchester
Re: Does anyone know if there is a dvd???
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 16:15:50 »
I think it was called 'The Allotment' and was on in the Yorkshire ITV area.

I asked my daughter to tape it for me as I live in the Granada area. Unfortunately it got taped over after I watched it, but it didn't have too much information in it and I couldn't stand the posh accent of the actress who was Mavis on Coronation St. It was nice to see the allotments through the year though.
Hope this helps.

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 16:34:03 »
Thanks V. ;)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 19:18:09 »
You could try to email Jeremy Vine on BBC radio2. Once a month he does a slot with a welsh bloke on allotments. It is excellent. With all this new technology - You can also listen to the showwhenever you like. Excellent for tips and advice. You can ask any question on the topic. Worth a try. You may get a reply? ::)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 22:50:19 »
Hi, thanks for that I didn't know about the show with Jeremy Vine, will go to the website to see. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal