Author Topic: My alpine strawbs are....  (Read 1987 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
My alpine strawbs are....
« on: April 20, 2004, 12:45:05 »
...covered in flowers, and the garden is full of bees!  My currant bushes also seem to be covered in baby fruitees and flowers, infact, I predict I am going to have oooooooooooooodles of fruit this year.  Now to plan how to keep the birds away!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re:My alpine strawbs are....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 12:48:50 »
My two-year-old strawbs also have loads of flowers. The one-year-olds have yet to develop any. The other one-year-olds (a different variety from mum) are flowerless too.

I cannot wait to taste the berries - we only got a couple of portions last year so I'm hoping for more...

I use small holed netting to keep the birds off. I'm sure fleece would work too.
gone to pot :D

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 13:37:11 »
Hurrah for you EJ and Aqui!  :D
My Cambridge Favourite Strawbs have loads of flowers too, and the Florence are looking like doing the same.
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 19:09:08 »
No sign of flowers here in the north yet - at least not mine.  Plants are filling out nicely thu, I leave them in the ground over winter and It always amazes me how they recover.  Here's hopeing for a good crop.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal