Author Topic: MSN Messenger  (Read 1333 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
MSN Messenger
« on: November 24, 2006, 18:34:13 »
Decided to try this out today. Have signed up to the new 'live' messanger service (upgraded Windows/MSN Messenger).

Not having used an instant mesage service before i am finding my feet a little and need a few tips, and would be interested to hear from anyone who uses this service on a regular basis

Firstly, I see IM s use email addreses, so in this case whats the advantage over ordinary email?

Secondly, i see forum sites such as A4All have a bit in the profile info to enter Instant messaging information. Can anyone tell me what i should put in this section to allow other forum members to send me an Im rather than email? I thought it was my email addy but i triedthis and it took me somewhere other than instant messaging, although i may have done something wrong. Could anyone set me right here please?

Thanks

MonsterMum

• Half Acre
Re: MSN Messenger
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 20:19:20 »
I have been using messenger for quite some time.  The advantages, IMO, are that you can see if your contact is online then send them a message that will appear instantly on their computer screen, you can also 'nudge' them to let them know you have sent a message.  It's a bit like having a telephone conversation but without actually talking  :)

I have always set up the contacts using email addresses and don't know of any other way to do it

davy1

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 21:00:09 »
I think IMO is far better than contacting by e-mail as you can stay on a forum or site and read/type as well as having a conversation on IMO. Theres no having to open your e-mail box or deleting messages etc. Click on a contact SE if they are on line instant contact.If you don't want contact you can show of line ,away, busy etc. Far better i think.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 23:32:15 »
Ok Thanks , I think I have got the hang of it now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal