Author Topic: Something has moved in under our shed  (Read 7814 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Something has moved in under our shed
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 16:42:46 »
We had a plotholder doing that a couple of years ago... my understanding of placing rat poison in pipes etc is top stop others eating the poison or the rat...
 ???

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 17:31:47 »
I believe it can, unfortunately, as the poisons they use now are apparently persistent. There is a safe poison you can get, but I haven't tried it. Foxes live a pretty marginal existence with a life expectancy of just over a year, so they have a pretty high mortality rate, and whatever happens, the odd dead one is going to turn up.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 18:20:28 »
Usually on my drive to work... rarely get through a week without at least one!
 :o

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 14:06:07 »
We have mice in garage, so set 2 traps and they were so light they kept eating the food and not setting off the trap, bought an electrocution trap and 100% every time and don`t have to keep replacing peanut butter!

When green light flashes it has made a kill. Open lid, tip out, close lid and switch on again for the next one, got 8 in 8 days. then nothing.

Alas then 2 in 5 mins! Hope thats the last as they chewed through spud sack and ate LOADS of spuds we grew >:(

They work by mouse wiggling in hols and around a few bits to metal plate, when they touch 2nd plate by food then zap, dead in a second.

Got them online Primrose London. 4 duracell kills 50.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 19:04:45 »
I found bits of bee comb scattered all over my shed today where I left a piece lying. Careless of me. I'm out of rat poison, but nothing else makes that much mess so I need some ASAP before it does something serious.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal