Author Topic: Front Garden  (Read 1294 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Front Garden
« on: November 08, 2006, 16:02:33 »
The front is almost as big as the back, and HURRAH, south facing!
Am trying to dig out the beds that were once there, I have worse brambles here than I had when I took over my unused plot! :o

hope you can see the brambles, the only plants i can find in here are brambles, 1 hydrangea and a fuchsia

Round on the side of the house here is a peach tree!

Making a start! ;D

Horrible hedge! And look at the poor grass!

This looks like it used to be a large border

A gap that definitely needs a big shrub!

Looking from up the road I need a lot of evergreen big shrubs to hide everyone looking in, and they do! :o

Under the kitchen window, needs a good weed and trim!
So lots of fun ahead! ;D ;D ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Re: Front Garden
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 16:11:26 »
it's great that you have such a blank canvas. the grass i'm sure just needs a bit or rain and tlc....nice flat ground. the hedge is horrible...but doesn't look THAT old so i'm sure you can trim it and keep it under control and you have the option to plant whatever shrubs you want :)

i think you've got a good deal with the 2 ok sized gardens and the fact that they are knee high with weeds allover.

it's be kewl to see how you get on :)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 17:10:25 »
Lots of room to play in there! I don't envy that hedge,it looks so dark and looming and alot of work.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 22:00:54 »
That hedge is going to meet my clippers as soon as I have done my Christmas wreath! I HATE it! BUt, it shields us from prying eyes at the mo!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 18:48:04 »
Ooh, potential!

I took on a similar job with our garden.. Starting from scratch cost a fair bit, though, and I'm still waiting for things to look established. But it's great when you can see things are getting there.. :)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 18:46:01 »
Nice potential there Doris. Flat, large, south facing and apparently not too exposed. I am jealous. I'll bet the soil is decent too.

I get on allright with my back garden but have struggled with my front, being sloping, exposed (but very sunny) and on poor soil (including loads of builders rubble). it was though a blank canvas like yours.

Looking at your 'lawn' it reminded me of what my front lawn looked like before i dug it up and replaced it back in september.

Good luck! :) ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal