Author Topic: Moving Raspberries?  (Read 1006 times)

southernsteve

• Quarter Acre
Moving Raspberries?
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:54:09 »
Hi

I have some Autumn Bliss which have been growing in my back garden for about three years and I was planning to move them to my allotment. I understand that now is a good time to plant new canes, but should I wait until the new year to move my existing ones? They are still producing a few berries and have not yet dropped their leaves. Or should I just buy new canes?

Many thanks, Steve
I'd rather be flying

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Moving Raspberries?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 12:17:20 »
If they're cropping well, this is an ideal time to move them. If they're not so good, it's a perfect moment to replace them!

southernsteve

• Quarter Acre
Re: Moving Raspberries?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 14:28:05 »
Thanks for the reply. I had a quick plant count last night and found that I didn't have enough to fill the two rows on the lottie, so I have ended up buying some more anyway. The ones in the garden will now stay put, but I will cut them down at the weekend. I have read that you only leave AB until Feb so as it dosn't come into fruit whilst the summer ones are still at it. As I don't intend growing summer verieties, I should, in theory get some decent fruit out of the garden then move onto the lottie ones. Time will tell.
I'd rather be flying

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal