Author Topic: Birds eye view  (Read 4374 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Birds eye view
« on: November 07, 2006, 17:10:15 »
Well....the view from the window in my dad's room.

I've finished putting the topsoil and manure in...and i've planted a few little seedlings and little plants here and there....and underneath all of that is hundreds of bulbs lol. it's all looks a bit simple but hopefully it'll sort it self out by next summer.

this is the patio:

this is a bit further off the patio:

this is the other half of the patio:

this is a badly taken panoramic picture:

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Birds eye view
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 18:12:23 »
So - where are the weeds??

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 18:40:39 »
and you think you've got problems wahaj mate, have you seen the mess next door ??   :P

looking fabby love.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 19:57:14 »
Who's a clever boy then? Well done! And I agree with KP!!! :o

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 20:51:36 »
Mind you I've always wanted one of those circular patio type thingies with a pebble pool sitting in the middle of it !

::)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 22:51:26 »
So - where are the weeds??

there are loads.....but i do try to keep on top of them. i don't let any get over about a few inches tall because they bug me and i end up pulling them up with my hands lol. I'm just a bit obssesive right now.

My main concerns right now are to get some patio cleaner. you may not have realised but there's actually grey and red tiles on that patio lol. i've tried patio cleaner before.....but it did nothing really.

and to get the lawn sorted. right now it's been really harshly treated because it's had wheelbarrows going across, people walking about, eratic mowing, no feed or watering, no scarifying or anything.

and i just can't seem to get the planting right. i'm never happy with where i should put what. i'm sure i'll probably move things about 10 times before i'm happy with them lol.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 22:54:27 »
and you think you've got problems wahaj mate, have you seen the mess next door ??   :P

looking fabby love.

;D

they used to have a hedge like ours....but they cut it right down to the ground. i wish i was allowed by my dad to do that. i can understand because if we took them down....our garden would be on the road really. i can't even face the thought ot tackling the trimming job. i just want to take a sword and chop a meter or two off them lol.

and their garden was ok a few years back. they put that circular thing in...and in the middle was a cordyline....one of those maroon ones. but it died....and then new people bought it and didnt look after it.....so it's all covered in weeds right now.

oh and if you've noticed a hole in the ground in the middle of my garden...that's where i'm digging my pond lol. i've just finished digging the deep end....i've now got to make shallow shelves.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 22:55:59 »
Who's a clever boy then? Well done! And I agree with KP!!! :o

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 06:29:05 »
Get a set of steps and a pair of loppers !  I think I'd prefer the hedge rather than having all and sundry throwing their rubbish in your soon to be beautiful garden, but better get the tops done before they're too far out of reach.

;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 08:32:40 »
Hi did you get your arch from wilkie's. I got 2 of them and have roses growing up them and bird feeders hanging from them. They were really worth the money. btw you are doing great
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 09:10:04 »
Hi did you get your arch from wilkie's. I got 2 of them and have roses growing up them and bird feeders hanging from them. They were really worth the money. btw you are doing great

no :( i bought it from £stretcher for £6 only to realise a week later they were £3 at wilkies. I've got passion flowers growing up mine....and a dr ruppel clematis....which may or may not be still alive lol.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 09:12:57 »
Get a set of steps and a pair of loppers !  I think I'd prefer the hedge rather than having all and sundry throwing their rubbish in your soon to be beautiful garden, but better get the tops done before they're too far out of reach.

;D

because the whole garden's on a slope....i've always feared getting on a set of steps. last time i tried, as soon as i got up i fell right back down lol.

if i did cut it down by about a meter or so....i wouldn't kill it would i?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 10:15:00 »
It shouldn't harm it at all. If it's deciduous, you can cut it as much as you like; I cut one of mine down to six inches at one point, and it grew back far better than before.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 10:22:55 »
It shouldn't harm it at all. If it's deciduous, you can cut it as much as you like; I cut one of mine down to six inches at one point, and it grew back far better than before.

it's evergreen :(

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 10:38:00 »
[quote author=wahaj link=topic=25645.msg251348#msg251348 date=11629398

My main concerns right now are to get some patio cleaner. you may not have realised but there's actually grey and red tiles on that patio lol. i've tried patio cleaner before.....but it did nothing really.
[/quote]

hi wahaj, you have been busy!!  well done, your gardens looking great.
a pressure washer would clean your slabs up as good as new.x

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 10:44:41 »
[quote author=wahaj link=topic=25645.msg251348#msg251348 date=11629398

hi wahaj, you have been busy!!  well done, your gardens looking great.
a pressure washer would clean your slabs up as good as new.x
[/quote]

aww thanks. yea...there's a guy down the road who hasd a pressure washer....i'm thinking of hiring it from him.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 13:07:01 »
Pressure washers are really great, Wahaj. I've done about 5-6 patios with one this year. Brings up even old stained bog-standard concrete slabs to glaring ghastly newness. Look b. awful I think but the ladies like them :-\ Last one I did,  so much muck came off & splattered me that I took off my gardening shoes, held them one at a time at arms length & blasted them. First one was OK.....pressure blew the second right out of my hand...d**n-near ended up in her neighbour's garden ;D You'd have to erect a temporary barrier between the edge of the patio & all that horse stuff, mind... ::)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 14:28:41 »
try jeves fluid its a great cleaner :-)

I would however wait till after winter as more than likly your going to just walk mud back over the clean patio.

regarding cutting the hedge, i am less worried about it then you falling off the ladder onto your sheares! my advice pay someone to do it professionaly. Then it will at least be level  :P

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 15:03:47 »
try jeves fluid its a great cleaner :-)

I would however wait till after winter as more than likly your going to just walk mud back over the clean patio.

regarding cutting the hedge, i am less worried about it then you falling off the ladder onto your sheares! my advice pay someone to do it professionaly. Then it will at least be level  :P

atleast that'll be level. unlike my greenhouse base.

*mumbles bitterly to himself*

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 15:06:04 »
Pressure washers are really great, Wahaj. I've done about 5-6 patios with one this year. Brings up even old stained bog-standard concrete slabs to glaring ghastly newness. Look b. awful I think but the ladies like them :-\ Last one I did,  so much muck came off & splattered me that I took off my gardening shoes, held them one at a time at arms length & blasted them. First one was OK.....pressure blew the second right out of my hand...d**n-near ended up in her neighbour's garden ;D You'd have to erect a temporary barrier between the edge of the patio & all that horse stuff, mind... ::)

lol. you do get up to some strange adventures dont you. I mean i don't mind the worn out look, i think it looks very nice.....but only to a certain extent. my patio's been there for atleast 15 years without any cleaning. they are concrete tiles, and some of them have a red coloured resin in them. but as you can see...you can't see any red. when i put some patio cleaner down i was surprised to see a dull pink coming through lol.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal