Author Topic: LADY PLOTTERS  (Read 7718 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: LADY PLOTTERS
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 18:52:05 »
Definitely EJ... finite as in finished... must have been the last state school grammar school kid to do Latin... I don't do football Golf or any other silly ball game... but give me an allotment anyday..
 ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 19:08:10 »
I'm female, never been called a lady, used to be calleda tomboy,too old now to be called a girlie, I think of myself as me

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 19:16:47 »
What is dusted shelves and ironing, a new type of veg i ask???? :D
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

flatcap

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 20:52:20 »
hi
im a female lottie holder from the north east not sure bout being a lady though ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 11:30:18 »
Sounds like we're kindred souls here- I cleaned the kitchen floor and the windows for the first time in months this week- but only because it was too wet to got to the allotment!

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 13:15:30 »
I sure am hun lol
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 14:41:33 »
PMSL @ THAT PICTURE SHIRL  ;D  ;D

Whaddya wanna know for anyway Jason? Have you got a 'thing' for women in wellies?  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 18:19:58 »

Whaddya wanna know for anyway Jason? Have you got a 'thing' for women in wellies?  ;D

........OR......oo eck!......is it that you like to Talk Dirty? Been out on the plot for most of the day & bet I'm dirty enough for 3 blokes :P

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 23:43:45 »
I am a lady and I'm not old - despite what you all think LOL...

I love my lotty! :0

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2006, 23:56:30 »
Shirley. Where did you get that photo of me?  You think I am kidding don't you!! ;D
Lish for goodness sake control yourself. I will be watching while I am away ;D ;D

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 00:51:20 »
OH YES. YES. YES yes, women have much more time to enjoy life at the plot than men.  Afterall, women enjoy doing things, not just sitting in front of a telly watching football, down the pub moaning, hitting a golf ball around and then having to exagerate about how many times you hit it before you got it in a hole what other reasons are there girls........Huh??

Terrible stereotyping, my wife's been watching football since she was 9 years old (on TV and a season ticket holder) and I've never played golf in my life, booooring. She also hates gardening :'(

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 08:48:59 »
All woman here!  And girl - not sure about 'lady'   :-\

Lots of young (ish!) women on my site, but still lots of the valuable experience there also.

Stereotypes?  My OH is far tidier than me - he nags me to do the housework!  We both work, although I do shorter hours than he does so I get to sort out the kids needs.  Our allotment was supposed to be a joint project to get us both some exercise and him something to do after his mum died last year as he had spent most weekends looking after her.  He hasn't taken to it at all though so it's just me down there - and do you know what? - I like it like that! 
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 21:17:18 »
 South Eastern Lady plottie here,Jason. Why exactly do you want to know?
Smile, it confuses people.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 21:40:34 »
 8)

Hmmmm, he has gone strangely quiet!!

;)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 22:36:09 »
8)

Hmmmm, he has gone strangely quiet!!

;)

with "strangely" being the operative word, KT ;D

tim k

• Half Acre
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 22:45:48 »

women in wellies or ladies in wellies i can understand that :o women or ladies that are plotting though now that's a different matter :o ;D ;D

tim

newbies

• Half Acre
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 09:27:55 »
Just read this thread, not sure where it is heading!
I'm a laydee, and like the others, my house gets abandoned for my lottie.  Got my oh interested now, he's very good at building things.  My friend also has a plot, but doesn't use this site. 
Two more for you Jase, how many so far?

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 17:51:00 »
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a messy house (and nagging husband) because of my allotment.
There are lots of women at my allotment site (including me) but I was one of the first so the council workers responsible for the site thought i was a bit of a novelty then a whole lot more have arrived. They said to me one day in the summer another lady is coming to chose a plot. I said that's fantastic but it's bad news for you as we'll form a committee and then lots of problems will be sorted out......meaning things they haven't got around to doing. They looked worried after that.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 19:55:48 »
I wasn't the first Female Person at my site, but there are many more now. Oldest allotmenteer regards us with gloom. He told me a few months ago that a neglected plot was going to be worked, "by someone like you....wears a skirt....no offence". My neighbour and I looked at each other: one wearing muddy jeans, the other muddy joggers.

At my new site I am the only woman and sometimes feel like the only human being - it is an open field, lovely but neglected. I've spotted three reasonably friendly men, but they are hardly ever there. A fourth can occasionally be  spotted on the far side in a sunny patch, sitting in a damp armchair contemplating the chaos around him.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 20:00:40 »
I left out the "but"... as in:

He told me a few months ago that a neglected plot was going to be worked, "...BUT by someone like you....wears a skirt....no offence". My neighbour and I looked at each other: one wearing muddy jeans, the other muddy joggers.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal