General > RHS Question & Answer

RHS Level 2 Certificate in Horticulture

<< < (2/9) > >>

purple sprouting:
I'm currently doing this course, started in September 2006, but I'm taking the course via evening classes at an agricultural college.

As I have no previous knowledge of Botany and my latin can only be described as weak I'm finding it hard going at the moment.  I've been assured by my tutor that it will continue to be a very steep learning curve for the rest of the course......

It's nice to hear that others are doing the same course and finding that it isn't an easy course to complete.  I can't imagine how I could help anyone else at the moment, but I am willing to try should anyone post for advice that I know anything about (which isn't much at the moment).

I am enjoying the course and have found the other students and the tutor very supportive, so hopefully I will make some kind of progress sooner or later.

Good luck to anyone else doing this course.

purple sprouting:
A brilliant book (at least for the stage I am at) is one I borrowed from the library - in the eye witness dictionary series (thought these were just for the kiddies, but this book is great).

Eyewitness 'The visual dictionary of plants' published by Dorling Kindersley ISBN 0-86318-833-8  filed in the library non fiction at No 580.  i         

jennym:
Did the BTEC National Certificate level 3, am willing to try to help if I can.

windygale:
hi all, OK i asked for this section so i think i should start the  first questions:
 design an island rosebed to cover a circular area around 5m diameters, draw a diagram showing which species, & where positioned. the planting should mainly be roses, but you can use ground cover or edging species as well, you can choose whether to use just one or many verities/types of roses------ just click on drawing for bigger view, do you think im on the right track, or do you have any ideas
thanks
windy

sally_cinnamon:

--- Quote from: Linda32 on October 11, 2006, 11:22:24 ---I'm doing this course by distance learning and have just sent in the first set of mid-module questions.

--- End quote ---

Hi Linda - I just wondered how you applied to do this by distance learning?  I have been sent the course booklet from the RHS but can't see anywhere about distance learning.  Also, I can't seem to see anything about course fees??? 
 ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version