Author Topic: I despair!  (Read 1235 times)

wellingtons

• Quarter Acre
I despair!
« on: October 10, 2006, 19:49:25 »
On my way out of the office today I rushed into our local supermarket (which I use as an alternative cashpoint!).  I bought a cereal bar and asked the very pleasant girlie on the checkout if I could have £30 cashback, explaining that I needed a fiver and 5 pound coins if she had them.

She asked me to put in my pin number.  Then handed me the receipt, for £30.36, the cereal bar, a fiver and 5 pound coins.  Where's me £20 note I said, you never said you wanted a £20 note she said ...  :-\ ... no I said you're right there, but I've just bought a cereal bar, a fiver and five pound coins and it's cost me £30.36 pence and I thought the price of the cereal bar was a bit OTT ... well that foxed her completely, she had to get the security guard over to help her sort it out!  And I then had to explain to him (neither one is going to win the brightest bulb in the box competition) ... I finally left the store with my cereal bar, the fiver, the 5 pound coins and the elusive £20 note, but all in all it took me 20 minutes!!

Guess who's going to be going to the cash point in future ...

ACE

• Hectare
Re: I despair!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 20:18:29 »
What is it with these security guards. Have they all got the same father, sorry mother. I just realised most would not know their fathers.

Pulled down peak on the cap,  mexican tash, shiney boots and creases in their trousers that you could cut youself on.

I expect they all answer the questions on the application form with 'huh' and if they get one question right they go on the checkouts.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 20:51:21 »
Do you want fries with that?
 :-X

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 00:28:06 »
What is it with these security guards. Have they all got the same father, sorry mother. I just realised most would not know their fathers.

Pulled down peak on the cap,  mexican tash, shiney boots and creases in their trousers that you could cut youself on.

I expect they all answer the questions on the application form with 'huh' and if they get one question right they go on the checkouts.

Nasty and unnecessary.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 09:05:13 »
 ;D@wellies, but if using the cash machine stops you eating those compressed chaff thingys, gotta be a lesson well learned 8)

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 12:20:42 »
compressed chaff thingys
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

wellingtons

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 13:32:04 »
I've improved today ... I haven't confused anyone and I haven't eaten any compressed chaff.

Luncheon consisted of homegrown carrot sticks, farmers market pepper sticks, homewhizzed hummus and homegrown tomatoes.  Not a chaff anywhere.

Breakfast was ... erm ... milk. 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal