Author Topic: LUCKY FIND WWII  (Read 5305 times)

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
Re: LUCKY FIND WWII
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 16:29:34 »
and there was me thinking you buried bikes because the OH kept on dismantling the engines on the dining room table. Either that or the shotgun blast meant for for the OH got the bike instead and the gristly evidence had to be hidden somehow. :o ;D

LILACSPLASH

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 01:07:37 »
been bought up with it... it's the same now, every room inc bathroom has m/cycle parts in, the only sanctuary is the lottie where I only dig up fridge or oven shelves and the odd berco boiler! oh and buttons :o
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

LILACSPLASH

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 09:41:07 »
now to pour even more petrol (pardon the pun) on the bodice ripping, yesterday I found a metal suspender belt clip in around the same spot :-*

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 12:41:29 »
now to pour even more petrol (pardon the pun) on the bodice ripping, yesterday I found a metal suspender belt clip in around the same spot :-*

Waahay - I can feel a Mills & Boon coming on.
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

LILACSPLASH

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 22:20:39 »
well you'll have to beat me to the publishing :D

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 16:04:55 »
*** Snigger  ;) ***

I LOVE finding old things/digging 'em up. My dream is to own a metal detector  ;D

However, after 3 yrs on my (3) allotments I haven't found ONE THING OF INTEREST ... zip, zilch, nada! Unless you count bent nails and guttering brackets  ::)

The guys who used to have my lotties certainly NEVER dropped any money, that's for sure!

I've got an Anderson Shelter though! Father-In-Law and his side-kick Mad Frank painted it lime green for some unknown reason. Very handy for keeping tools in but I wouldn't fancy my chances during an air raid!

An acquaintance of mine once buried a motorbike in his back garden for fraudulent  insurance purposes. He battled with heavy clay soil, a very small spade and torrential rain for several days. And then discovered he hadn't renewed his insurance. Dozy g*t.

That's what's called 'Motorbikarma'.
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

gtm41658

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 20:47:33 »
The only things I find on my lottie are stones and weeds.....ho hum!!

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 08:58:08 »
We have lots of little pieces of clay pipe - they are creamy colour and about 2 inches long and only as wide as a piece of electric cable but with a hole right through.  No idea what was there before the allotments - will have to investigate!
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 09:02:51 »
I get loads of those, along with the occasional pipe bowl. How old is your site? Mine goes back to 1840, and there was nothing but a field there before it. Apparently clay pipes were given away free in pubs, and they must have been really popular among Victorian gardeners.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal