Author Topic: Hey EJ!  (Read 2089 times)

bananagirl

• Half Acre
    • Bananagirl's Blog
Hey EJ!
« on: April 12, 2004, 09:29:02 »
One of those choccy  chiilis has finally made an appearance!! I'm so happy. I was dancing around the kitchen in my socks. It gives me hope for everything else that hasn't made it yet!  ;D ;D ;D
Nothing rhymes with orange...
http://downamongtheflowers.blogspot.com/

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:Hey EJ!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 18:02:30 »
Cool!  Only 1 though  ???  I only sowed 6 seeds as I have lots of different peppers and chillis, and I think 4 germinated.  Good enough for me  ;D.  I guess come late summer we are all going to be comparing chilli recipes.

bananagirl

• Half Acre
    • Bananagirl's Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 08:34:07 »
I only planted 3 originally, coz I wasn't sure what I was doing. Still aren't, really, but I put some more in a couple weeks ago, so hopefully they'll grow too.  :D My last year's chilli has some fruits, thanks to a helping hand ;D
Nothing rhymes with orange...
http://downamongtheflowers.blogspot.com/

Les_Woof

• Acre
  • Ger orf ma land!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 12:25:01 »
Talking of EJ's choccy chilies.

We planted 6 seeds and all 6 have germinated.

They are about 1.5" tall at the moment and are quite happily still in the seed tray in the greenhouse.

When is best to prick them out and into what size container? Or Can i put them in a grow bag?

Les n Soph

:)
All the hard work is finally starting to pay off.....

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 22:32:50 »
Sorry I haven't replied sooner Les, been down in Devon visiting family.....

Good germination odds huh!  I think almost all of mine popped through.  I treat them like my toms, so pot them up into little 3 inch pots, then either out into growbags in a super sunny spot, or into great big pots in the greenhouse.  I believe peppers are very slow to start, will sit around doing nothing for ages, then grow like the clappers.  Heres hoping!

Les_Woof

• Acre
  • Ger orf ma land!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 08:41:41 »
Hi EJ

Hope the weather was good down there for you.

I thought that might be what to do with them so they are now already in little pots and thriving.

The Kiwi plants are doing well....even though one of them was planted up by our eldest daughter (33 months) she has been wanting to plant something since she watched us pricking the toms and stuff.

As the kiwis seemed to be a bit more hardy I thought she could have a go, and she did a great job even though her sister thought it would be fun to try and eat the potting compost..

All the fun of it  ;D

Take care

Les
All the hard work is finally starting to pay off.....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal