Author Topic: mama's potato pancakes  (Read 1816 times)

agapanthus

• Hectare
mama's potato pancakes
« on: October 07, 2006, 13:26:07 »
Fabulous recipe if you have lots of potatoes that need to be used:

Peel quantity of potatoes and a couple of onions.....grate (I do mine in a processor).....remove 1 third and put into a  colander over a bowl....... put the remaining 2 thirds back into processor and blitz with blade until a rough puree....put in colander along with others......leave to stand for 15 minutes....put potato mixture into a bowl and tip out most of the water that has collected in the bowl but keep the thick starchy sediment at the bottom..put this in with the grated potatoes.......add a tablespoon or two of plain flour and 1 or 2 eggs (depending on how much mixture you have)....season well with salt and pepper and fry flattened spoonfuls in hot oil...I prefer olive oil.....turn over when underside is really crisp and brown.....I cook these in batches and keep warm in the oven in a tray that has been lined with crumpled kitchen paper.

I eat these with baked beans and bread and butter but they can be eaten with anything. In Germany these are eaten with apple puree or rice pudding!!! No accounting for taste!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: mama's potato pancakes
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 15:14:11 »
Thanks for the recipe Agapanthus. It sounds really yummy. Don't see me trying the German version mind you! ;)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 16:09:41 »
oo YUM agapanthus :P don't forget to mix in a small amount of grated celeriac if you happen to have some handy anne :)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 17:38:20 »
You got it! ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal