Author Topic: Which garlic? - Recommendation please  (Read 2006 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Which garlic? - Recommendation please
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 17:34:58 »
Got mine from the Garlic farm last year, but it got rust & didn't clove properly- no reflection on the supplier, just down to the weather, I guess. But still decided to go for some cheaper bulbs this year & have ordered from King's- not much choice but good value.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 18:10:37 »
My Purple Wight from Dobies arrived on Monday. Got 6 bulbs, but one of them has about 3 cloves missing disappointingly.  However, I've NEVER seen garlic that size before - wow, its enormous !

Planning to plant at the w/e.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 18:11:37 »
depends on the garlic as to when to plant... some i have shouldnt be planted til early spring... but the garlic place said to def plant Elephant Garlic NOW

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 09:45:41 »
I bought Printnor Organic and Solent White from Tuckers.  I planted them in April and have harvested a magnificent crop.  The cloves all split perfectly within the bulbs despite not being subject to any cold weather.   I may try planting a few this Autumn just in case my stored ones don't survive the winter.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 09:53:38 »
bluddy hell !!!  Mine arrived from Dobies this morning (it's been like Clapham Junction/Glasgow Central - pick a station close to you - in here all morning).

and WOWSER are they HUGE or what ?????   If these are representative of the size I'll be getting next year, I'll have to find a bigger bed!
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal