Author Topic: Peeling squash causes skin probs!  (Read 967 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Peeling squash causes skin probs!
« on: September 24, 2006, 16:40:19 »
Bizarre i know ... but i noticed last time i peeled a butternut squash the skin on my hands went tight.

This time i have peeled one of my own BNuts and all the top layer of my skin is cracked and is very very dry and tight!

Anyone know why this is?

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
Re: Peeling squash causes skin probs!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 18:21:01 »
it sounds like some kind of allergy even though squashes are rarely involved in allergies but you might have a special sensitivity, but the fact that you got this from peeling the skin I was wondering if any chemicals have been used both in the shop bought butternut and your own as that might explain it

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 18:52:40 »
Don't know the cause but my OH is allergic to the foliage of squash plants and comes out in a rash if touched by the stems or leaves. She has never been affected by handling the squashes themselves though.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 18:05:03 »
Ah yes i get hives up my arms when collecting courgettes/squashes if my arms brush against them!  So yes it must just be me that is wierd.

Thank goodness i can eat them!

Def no chemicals in my plot.  and its more the flesh than the skin that is causing the probs... its from handling a part peeled squash or completely peeled squash.

I'm just a law unto myself!¬

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal