Author Topic: I have my key :)  (Read 2151 times)

LauraB

• Half Acre
  • West Bromwich
I have my key :)
« on: December 07, 2006, 13:32:14 »
I've just picked up the key for the much voted for plot 14  ;D 8)

The gentleman in the little shop seemed quite pessimistic about the plot (felt like a bit of a plonker for going for 14 instead of 44, but hey ho) but it's mine!

Too wet to dig today, and too wet to take photos, but will go back to measure up for the all important plan and take pics when the rain eases a bit.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: I have my key :)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 13:38:59 »
He's probably just jealous for the size of the plot. If you find it becomes too much, you can always swap to a smaller plot. Much harder to get a larger one. DONT SWAP THOUGH! No matter what!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 16:22:35 »
Just nosed at your profile.  Is the plot on the allotments shown on the map?

Have fun and remember it doesn't all have to be done before Christmas ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 18:32:18 »
Congratulations about getting your key! Don't feel a plonker for going for plot 14, he's probably being a bit huffy because he's thinking you've probably bitten off more than you can chew at the moment; prove him wrong! 

I had a few people stop at mine when I started in late August, very friendly, but lots of 'You've a lot to do there, haven't you' comments. Now they have seen me get stuck in doing it bit by bit, they have been complimentary about the progress, and I can see the cunning plan that I pored over for days whilst waiting for the formalities of plot taking over to happen slowly coming to fruition....and altered loads as well, but that is part of the fun! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 19:46:41 »
Great news. happy digging when you can get on plot.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 20:20:41 »
great moment when you get that key, just cover everything and take it slowly ... pay no mind to pessimists, they probably don't have A4a as their Secret Weapon ;D

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 21:28:38 »
hi LauraB, glad you've got your key!

We've had a few of those sort of comments and we haven't even got onto our plot yet! A couple of the blokes have said things like 'it's hard work you know' to me & my sister, and we just smile and say 'yeah, we know, but it'll be fun too'! (Can you imagine what they are gong to say when we turn up in our stripey & flowery wellies and pink gardening gloves  :o ?!) I can't wait to get going and prove them all wrong!

Just take it step by step, it doesn't all have to be done straight away, and the main thing is to enjoy it! Can't wait to see your pics! Good luck x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal