Author Topic: almost normal again  (Read 1712 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
almost normal again
« on: October 22, 2006, 17:40:09 »
Well had my plaster off on Wednesday afternoon and was a bit dissapointed, I had thought I would be able to use my arm straight away. I soon found out that it wasn't gonna be that easy. had a flu jab on Thursday and the doc recommended that I had a pneumonia one as well. Had a bad reaction to the pneumonia one so things haven't been going to plan. I did manage to get my sweet peas sewn yesterday and have tidied the greenhouse. I'm glad that it's this time of year and not the springtime. My arm is getting better with every day so must keep smiling. Hope you are all ok
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: almost normal again
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 20:35:04 »
Sorry to hear about the jabs Shirl but at least the arm is on the mend..
 :)

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 21:05:04 »
Hope that you are well soon

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 21:59:04 »
Have they given you exercises to do Shirl....if so it's really important that you keep them up. Otherwise you'll just have to dismantle a couple of sheds ;D  How's that project going btw?

Hope you're OK with the jabs......I've not got round to making the appts for mine but the way I'm feeling tonight it may be a case of bolting the stable door....... :-[

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:34:06 »
Thanks for the good wishes. No alishka they haven't given me any excercises to do.Just a splint and come back in 4 weeks if I need to. It was like a cattle market when I went to get the plaster off. We were there 3 hours just waiting to see a doctor and that was with having an appointment..Today I'm going to cut down the rest of my pool plants before it starts raining. That should be enough wrist excercise for me  Eh!
                             I want em saying

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 11:59:16 »
Just keep exercising it, and don't expect it to be as strong as normal. It'll soon recover.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 12:58:19 »
Hope all returns to normal soon. So Tony has been relieved of his numerous tasks now, has he?
Lorna

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 07:44:08 »
Well Lorna as I've said before" I'm so bossy" I just can't help it. I think he is grateful that I am back behind the cooker (at least) and not looking over his shoulder ready to pounce on him if he does anything wrong. I am managing to do a bit more every day but I soon know if I overdo it. I really did'nt know that a fracture was such a misery. I will have a bit more sympathy for others now when I see their arm in plaster. I did some potting up yesterday with Tonys muscles for the compost lifting and mixing. At least I was able to do the really difficult stuff like picking up the bulbs and pressing them into the soil.pmsl Thanks again for putting up with my moans everyone
                             I want em saying

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal