Author Topic: hello everyone  (Read 1273 times)

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
hello everyone
« on: September 22, 2006, 12:52:09 »
hi everyone,

I have been reading your posts for sometime now, and you all have inspired me to 'grow my own'.

I have been trying to post some pics this morning but have had a lot of trouble with the site, i see now it was down this morning, i was begining to feel like a complete numpty, with gardening as well as with this 'pooter', but i will try again later, i'll have to get some work done so the old man dosen't think i've been at the pooter all day  ;)
Life is to short !!!

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
Re: hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 13:25:33 »
Hello Wilko, glad to see new faces  :) Doesn't matter how much work I do my OH always thinks I'm pootling!!  ;)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

flatcap

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 13:34:21 »
hi
im a newbie aswell had lottie a month i norm sit on comp then whizz hoover round and put something in to cook before hubby gets in from work then pretend iv been busy all day ;D

Yellow Petals

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 13:36:31 »
Hello Wilko and Flatcap, welcome to A4A :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 13:37:16 »
High Wilko. welcome to A4A. Lots of interests and knowledge on here. Doesn't matter if you are a novice or experienced gardener/allotmenteer there is always something of interest. Plenty of laughs,we have one or two comedians on the site ;D Come and enjoy and DON'T forget the pics.
Lorna.

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 13:51:59 »
Gosh hello Lorna :D, it's been a while!!  ;)All well I hope?  How did the seeds go?

... hello to flatcap too  ;)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 18:41:49 »
Hi flowerlady. I am fine. Still trying to learn more about this gardening lark ;D Now, I have a confession, I received so many seeds last year from generous members on A4A including you. I thought I was clever and listed everything on computer. Then the computer crashed!!!! I lost all info and couldn't remember which seeds came from who (hand written records this year!!!) Now I think that you sent me Verbena (sorry if I have got it wrong) anyhow if it was Verbena they have been absolutely marvelous, they seems to go on and on.In fact this week I cut some more to take to cemetery along with some dahlias. Another that I have grown is cosmos which I love (was that you?) Oh and I have a lovely evening primrose, I know that came from Georgie.
Nice to see you posting again. Lorna.

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 18:56:50 »
Glad you loved the flowers ... I can't remember either !!  Need any more?   ;D

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 19:15:40 »
Hello Wilko, this site is a huge inspriation and support network. The great thing is that you can ask "silly" questions without worry and if you kill everything off (like me) you're still welcome! ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 19:56:18 »
flowerlady. For the first time ever I have started collecting seeds. I would quite like some more verbena seeds if you have any (in case I make a mess up!!). I collected some seeds from my mirabillis (red and yellow) the other day and they look as if I have harvested them at the right time. See!! I told you I am still learning ;D
Regards Lorna.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal