Author Topic: Got 48 Morrisons black buckets what now???????????  (Read 12822 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Got 48 Morrisons black buckets what now???????????
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 08:37:11 »
...saunters in, singing..."Oh! Oh! WHO's got the last laugh now"...?

How much you lot paid....good money, eh? Queen's head on the coins and orl? And how you've been gloating...."99p for eight? I got 15 for that.." "well I got 1,058 for sixpence." on and on and bloody on, you've been going....

Well!....I went to the Co-Op, got 22 black buckets (OK, strictly speaking, some were more grey than black, but you're getting the idea)? and the total cost was.........
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
NOTHING!!!!!!!

AND I CAN HAVE AS MANY MORE AS I WANT, ANY TIME 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(saunters off, still singing...)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 08:39:42 »
told you all you needed was patience my dear.  you little disbeliever you.

and to threaten poor wahaj's poppy crop, that really was quite mean.   ;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 08:53:28 »
Buy,  KP, I didn't BUY them from Morrisons...I'll say it again, reeeeeallly slowly,  cos I'm really enjoying this...I  GOT  THEM  FOR  FREE  FROM  THE  CO-OP !!! tra-la-la

AND, nice girl said they'd other sizes, too, if I was interested? Now howzabout that for twisting the knife.....smaller ones for ring culture, middle sized ones for carrots, larger ones for....dunno.....a stupendous celeriac  perhaps?

And My Friend Wahaj has quite forgiven me, I'm sure..I'm sending him a couple of vouchers for free heathers from Wyvale...I'm only waiting for him to tell me his favourite colour & I'll throw in a can of spray paint as well ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 09:01:22 »
excuse me, i'm a bit hard of hearing this morning  ;D

free free
i just wanna be
free as the wind and the rain and the sea multi-coloured/sized buckets !

well done you.  all you had to do was ask lmao

and you might have permantly damaged your friend wahaj.  i'm glad you've settled out of court.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 09:17:23 »

your friend wahaj.  i'm glad you've settled out of court.

;D

Oh KP, I so need your smilies....roflmao.... ;D ;D ;D

And I hope that you're smiling too Wahaj this morning :-* I'm putting the vouchers in the post to you today :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2006, 09:19:23 »
Oh.. praise be!!!! No more moaning and groaning from Alishka. Even Wahaj is now clear of any retributions ::) ::)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2006, 09:21:33 »
just type :fit: and I'LL know what you mean.

talking of the "challenged".  i've just put a tray of seed down for Mr Robin and he's looking in TOTALLY the wrong place.  Daft buggar !  ;D ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2006, 11:06:13 »

talking of the "challenged".  i've just put a tray of seed down for Mr Robin and he's looking in TOTALLY the wrong place.  Daft buggar !  ;D ;D

:fit:

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2006, 14:33:12 »

...saunters in, singing..."Oh! Oh! WHO's got the last laugh now"...?

Well!....I went to the Co-Op, got 22 black buckets (OK, strictly speaking, some were more grey than black, but you're getting the idea)? and the total cost was.........

well done you.....and for free!!! all things come to she who waits.....and waits.....and waits.  ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 18:07:16 »

well done you.....and for free!!! all things come to she who waits.....and waits.....and waits.  ;D

and smiles...and smiles...and smiles....

and gloats...and gloats...and gloats

tell me all again. HOW much did you all pay?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WOT! cat got yer tongues?  :P

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 18:39:46 »
Are those the biodegradable buckets that the co-op use. Don't leave them out in the rain. You can tell if they are not the everlasting ones because they are not quite black ;D

Little Weed

• Not So New ...
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2006, 20:10:36 »
Yes, but what can you usefully do with 48 black buckets on an allotment? In my innocence, I thought the point of allotment gardening was to plant stuff in the ground. . . Please demystify me with some good ideas!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2006, 20:14:19 »
OK Buster I paid 99p for 8buckets over on the Isle Of Wight.. Ace. I have just fell about laughing, I know she is a friend but just imagine if all her buckets landed up in a horrible mess,  there wouldn't be enough BLEEPS  to put in her conversation :o :o :o

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2006, 20:17:10 »
Our local supermarket pays us to take their buckets away ......  ;) ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2006, 21:04:17 »
roflmao ........ bio-degradeable ??????  she'll go ballistic. 

and do you know what Little Weed, in all the fuss I have actually forgotten what they are for  !!! lol.

To use them for ring culture thingies, you have to cut the bottom out (right pain), they are useful to confine things such as mint and rampant wotsits that like to take over your garden/plot but you have to make drainage holes with sharp hot implements trying not to gas yourself while you do it.

I also have about 6 all over the garden so i have a handy bucket available for prunings, nibbled tomatos, dead leaves and the like, oh and i've got carrots, spring onions and evening primrose in them as i've run out of ground.

what i'm going to do with the other 40 is a mystery, but when you see them, you have to have them.

;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2006, 22:25:57 »
rofl @ ACE and the Hound

;D ;D ;D

Lishka

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2006, 22:29:49 »
yup. i've forgiven lishka. even though all my seed are gone when my bf left them outside and it rained heavily...and....well it was a big mush with some seeds allover. so god knows what's what. i've just chucked them around the garden hoping something will germinate and surprise me next year haha.

so her curse did work!

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2006, 22:41:31 »
H A L L E L U I A H   ! ! !

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2006, 22:42:34 »
Oh Wahaj, all your beautiful poppy seeds....still, bet they'll germinate & you'll have Flags of Denmark all over the place next year ;D I left my box of seeds out in the rain earlier this year...the packets were sodden but the seeds were OK in their little foil packets.....cept for the runner bean seeds of course :o  So I cooked them ;D

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2006, 09:01:24 »
Oh Wahaj, all your beautiful poppy seeds....still, bet they'll germinate & you'll have Flags of Denmark all over the place next year ;D I left my box of seeds out in the rain earlier this year...the packets were sodden but the seeds were OK in their little foil packets.....cept for the runner bean seeds of course :o  So I cooked them ;D

yea i mean some of them are ok....but i'm not too sure what's what. most of the packets have had the ink washed off.

but yea i'll probably use the poppies in cooking aswell. probably sprinkle them on bread.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal