Produce > Drink ....

Cider Recipe for Les et all

<< < (2/3) > >>

nico_r:
Hiya,
I've been thinking bout doing some cider and can probably get hold of some fresh apples of tree even though live in london, but how bout the cider press ? pray do tell about this home made crusher/system of yours?
Nic

Muddy_Boots:
Hi Nico,

Was very lucky being here cos could obtain crushed juice with no probs.  However, go to any home brew site and you will find details of fruit crushers.  However, Mount Ephraim here has it all on tap and, should you choose to visit during 'Apple Sunday' probably would not be too difficult to negotiate ready juice!  They must have website by now but, if not, although you will have to wait til Sept., might be able to put you in touch!

Have not investigated because this place is half a mile from me but there must be other growers in Kent who can do similar.  How about googling for Brogdale, is only up the road from me and really go for top fruit in big way and there are several producers in this area who might be willing to sell five galls of juice!

Have a go and let me know if I can try to help again

Muddy_Boots:
Whoops, just realised didn't really answer your question.  You need to google for home brew, then you will get info on home crushers!  Sorry, head in clouds, as usual!  :D

nico_r:
Kool thanks - Having thought about it, I think it all sounds like a perfect excuse for me to get out of london for a weekend and see the cider and wine making country in person (and bring back some goodies) - when the time comes that is

Muddy_Boots:
Okay, Brogdale is giving cider and apple festival between 2nd Sept to 17th October.  However, remind me nearer time and will tell you when to come to Mount Ephraim and bring your beer barrel!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version