Author Topic: Robin  (Read 1799 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
Robin
« on: September 15, 2006, 21:11:09 »
Saw this little fellow hiding away today.
Gardening is the great leveller.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
Re: Robin
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 21:20:49 »
they're all coming out to play aren't they?  i heard mine this morning, but he was hiding from me.  naughty thing.

There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 22:43:49 »
Super pic. Eric.  My Robins are all at war and dashing around claiming their territory.  Singing from the trees as well.   :D :D :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 09:04:26 »
What a great photo Eric. I wish they would visit my garden. Even the sparrows have gone elsewhere, haven't had to fill feeders for three days.Lorna

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 09:11:07 »
lovely photo.we usually have them  nesting in our shed but not this year. haven't seen many at all
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 09:35:40 »
we have a 'resident' one, been around for 2 years now and we have quite a relationship - this year we had quite a problem with ants and flying ants and I threw them out of the kitchen door and the robin would swoop and catch them mid air and come back for more - we kept this up for quite awhile until it starting coming in the house looking for them itself - living in the country we have quite a lot of 'nature' coming in through our back door - the other night a field mouse walked in, didn't run, it walked as if to say "hmmm, looks good"  :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 10:42:46 »
Super pic, Eric.  I think I heard my robin singing yesterday but I couldn't spot him and like Lorna all my feeders remain full at the moment.  Still, there's plenty of natural food around at the moment and I know they'll be back when they are hungry.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 12:57:26 »
That's one heck of a lovely picture Eric 8)

Emm P

• Half Acre
    • Living History
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 13:59:59 »
Gorgeous picture.

We have had a lot more sparrows around since the breeding season.
No outfit is complete - without dog hairs!!!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 23:06:03 »
1st class that photo Eric, i just love the Robin, my chappie has been around and i feel really miserable because i cannot feed him, :'( we are selling the house.  The bluetits were also around this morning so we must not start to feed incase the new peeps do not continue to do so.  That info comes from RSPB. I can`t bear it they all know where the food table is. :'( I know we shall still be here at Christmas but the coldest months are then to follow for the birds, i don`t know if i shall be able to not feed them i am trying very hard not to.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 06:05:34 »
add it into the conditions of sale ! and leave a bagful of birdy goodies on the kitchen sink with strict instructions for the winter !  a small price to pay for seeing their little faces light up.

8)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal