Author Topic: What a lovely sunny day today :)  (Read 5894 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
What a lovely sunny day today :)
« on: September 17, 2006, 17:32:43 »
More pics of my garden haha.

an orchid one of my mates got me. bless her! she knew i wanted to start collecting orchids and she bought me this lovely specimen.

a couple of pics of my acer palmatum....not sure which type though.

i bought this passiflora eden from wickes extra a week ago for my boyfriend because he loves passionflowers. it's first flower just came out. we saw it started to open last night so we were up in the early hours checking it every 15 minutes to see it open....but then it didn't open till like....10am haha. but i think it's lovely. it's completely hardy, grows to 25 feet and the flowers are closer together and there are more of them. lovely! but the only thing is it's not scented.

a couple of my pansies coming through. they're doing lovely amongst the weeds under my cherry tree lol

i keep rearranging my pots and stuff...so these are my 2 pots of heather with a pacino poppy in the front. didn't that it would flower again but with just a little bit of tomatoe food....i've managed to make everything flower twice haha.

i was walking down the road the other night and i just found this tyre in the middle of the road. so i picked it up and bought it home haha. it makes a nice little surround for my ferns and leopard lily.

and last but not least. my new rose. it's a hybrid t called "indian summer". i can't find anything at all about it online so i'd be gratefull if anyone knew anything about it. it has the most aamzing scent and i've wanted it for a while after seeing it in a garden centre. but i managed to find it in leicester b&q for half price.....£3 it was a i think. and worth every penny. it's already produced a pink sport aswell haha.

and there we are :) it was just such a lovely bright sunday morning so i thought i'd go out with the camera.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: What a lovely sunny day today :)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 17:41:44 »
Thanks Wahaj :) lovely pix, well done  8)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 18:38:36 »
beautiful wahaj.  1 particularly like the orchid, but the rose is just gorgeous.

whenever i'm at the mechanic's, i look at the wall of tyres and wonder where I could put them.  what did you clean yours with ?  jeyes fluid ?
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 18:55:22 »
beautiful wahaj.  1 particularly like the orchid, but the rose is just gorgeous.

whenever i'm at the mechanic's, i look at the wall of tyres and wonder where I could put them.  what did you clean yours with ?  jeyes fluid ?

i didn't clean it.....*whitles and runs away*

should i have cleaned it? i mean.....is it harmful to plants or something?

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 19:05:54 »
I'm assuming then your plants are just sitting in their own wee pots rather than actually in the tyre ?  I'd just have thought that the muck you get off a tyre wouldn't have done them much good if planted direct.  Just pick up a tyre and look at your hands to see what i mean.

i love driving through little villages that have planters made from white painted tyres full of gloriously coloured bedding plants.   ;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 19:18:47 »
I'm assuming then your plants are just sitting in their own wee pots rather than actually in the tyre ?  I'd just have thought that the muck you get off a tyre wouldn't have done them much good if planted direct.  Just pick up a tyre and look at your hands to see what i mean.

i love driving through little villages that have planters made from white painted tyres full of gloriously coloured bedding plants.   ;D

ohh right. yea...they're in their own pots just sitting there inside. to be honest when i picked the tyre up it didn't have any grease on it. it's pretty dry feeling. i normally try to put things in my garden that old looking. so i didn't even bother brushing the tyre. it's still got some soil prints on it...and it looks really matted but i kind like it that way.

but yea...i know what you mean with the white planters. i'm sure with petunias and lobelias hanging out it would look great. but i'm an untidy gardening...i can never achieve that polished look so i just leave it haha.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 19:21:55 »
i'm busy googling tyres just now lol

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 19:27:12 »
i'm busy googling tyres just now lol

lol. you could also grow spuds in them like they did in GW.

and if you can drive (which i dont) do you think it might be cheaper to get them off a scrap yard? or even a tyre yard you might be able to find...

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 19:30:23 »
oh i know where to get loads !!!  that's why i enjoy looking at other people's pics so much, it sends my imagination into overdrive.   ;D

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 19:32:02 »
oh i know where to get loads !!!  that's why i enjoy looking at other people's pics so much, it sends my imagination into overdrive.   ;D

ah ok. kewl :)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 19:35:59 »
wahaj, lovely to see more of your garden, thank you for posting these fabulous pics. Perfect time of year for the acer ... LOVE the passion flower too, well worth waiting (and a sleepless night!) for :)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 19:47:14 »
wahaj, lovely to see more of your garden, thank you for posting these fabulous pics. Perfect time of year for the acer ... LOVE the passion flower too, well worth waiting (and a sleepless night!) for :)

aww thanks :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 19:53:08 »
Hey , great pics, Wahaj.  If that Passiflora (which is a stunner) fruits and sets seed, can I be first in line for a couple, pretty please?  And although I'm not a big fan of roses, I love the colour of yours I must say.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 20:00:50 »
Hey , great pics, Wahaj.  If that Passiflora (which is a stunner) fruits and sets seed, can I be first in line for a couple, pretty please?  And although I'm not a big fan of roses, I love the colour of yours I must say.   ;D

G x

aww thanks. yea not too big a fan of roses myself i must say. but recently going down to garden centres and sticking my nose in them....i've realised that nothing smells like a old rose.

and certainly you can have some if it sets seeds. this one has flowered a bit late so i'm not sure if there's still time left for it to fruit. i'm also going to be crossing it with a violecea when that flowers...and obviously if that fruits you can have seeds from that aswell. my caeurlea should flower soon too. i also have a red banana passion flower that should flower next year and some edulis plants that should flower aswell. i also have some alata seeds in the soil....that'll hopefully germinate this year.

so yes...any passifloras that set seed you can have some :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 20:10:55 »
Whoa there, I only got an ickle-bitty garden!   ;D  Hope your caeurlea flowers soon, mine has been out for months.  I've just germinated some seeds because I want it all round the garden I love it so much.  Here's a pic.   :)  G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 20:11:57 »
Lovely Pictures  ;D  I too love the passiflora and I think your rose is stunning!

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 20:14:29 »
Whoa there, I only got an ickle-bitty garden!   ;D  Hope your caeurlea flowers soon, mine has been out for months.  I've just germinated some seeds because I want it all round the garden I love it so much.  Here's a pic.   :)  G x

that's beautiful. i love them. i did have one at the start of the summer...but it died after flowering for a few days. god knows why. even though they're the most common passion flowers...i love them. they're so full and the bubblegum scent is amazing.

i hope all your seeds grow up to be lovely plants :)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2006, 20:15:27 »
Lovely Pictures  ;D  I too love the passiflora and I think your rose is stunning!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2006, 20:21:26 »
Wahaj, just wait til you discover the beauty of veggie flowers  8) - we'll make a convert of you yet  ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 20:24:00 »
Ah-ah, Lishka, I've been working on that.  Wahja has just admired the flowers on my garlic chives in another thread.   ;)

G x

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal